Would anyone help on a crash with block state storage?

Ice2670

35 minutes ago, Ice2670 said:

but if i do not make it instance there will be other problems. is there a way to create this instance field every time the game is reloaded?

You must acquire the TE from the world every time.

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.

1 hour ago, Terrails said:

its something with your fireplasma method then... need a crash report. Tile gets created together with the block. what you’re doing with World#getTileEntity is just getting the tile entity that is on that pos

I missed a plasmacannon.getstate last time and caused the crash, I added it back and run the game again, although the game won't crash, power of the projectile does not change no mater how many iron blocks i add behind it. 

8 minutes ago, Draco18s said:

You must acquire the TE from the world every time.

OK, then i guess i should make an item that allows play to destroy old Plasma Cannon block and replace it with a new. And tell them to use it on Plasma Cannon every time the game is reloaded 

What? No. Christ.

Build two of your cannons near each other. Do they both work? I bet not!

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.

4 minutes ago, Draco18s said:

What? No. Christ.

Build two of your cannons near each other. Do they both work? I bet not!

OK you are right. But if I make the tile local, i don't get the updated powerfactor, it's always 0. 

actually before I use the update method for TileEntityPlasmaCannon, I acquire the TE locally in onBlockActivated. But because I'm planning on making this cannon stores IC2 energy and the more iron blocks attached behind it the higher maximum energy it can store, so I cannot use onBlockActivated to achieve that. And I really do not understand why if I use 2 local TEs in onBlockAdded and onBlockActivated it will stop updating power factor.

Edited by Ice2670

You should learn more about sides... for example you're using server side in onBlockAdded for TileEntityPlasmaCannon#getstate which means that data isn't stored on the client, if you need it on the client you have to send a packet to the client or just get rid of 

if (!worldIn.isRemote)

and make TileEntityPlasmaCannon#getstate be started on both sides. You're also updating the TileEntityPlasmaCannon.powerfactor on server side only... thats why there's nothing on client side (its always 0)... also you're just making your code 4 times bigger because you're not using 

16 hours ago, diesieben07 said:

Also, I seriously hope all those special cased directions are a joke. EnumFacing specifically exists so you can do for example BlockPos#offset(EnumFacing).

I know this is gonna be kind of annoying but you should learn more java... trust me I've been where you are now 2 years ago but now I'm a lot better.

16 hours ago, Terrails said:

You should learn more about sides... for example you're using server side in onBlockAdded for TileEntityPlasmaCannon#getstate which means that data isn't stored on the client, if you need it on the client you have to send a packet to the client or just get rid of 

if (!worldIn.isRemote)

and make TileEntityPlasmaCannon#getstate be started on both sides. You're also updating the TileEntityPlasmaCannon.powerfactor on server side only... thats why there's nothing on client side (its always 0)... also you're just making your code 4 times bigger because you're not using 

I know this is gonna be kind of annoying but you should learn more java... trust me I've been where you are now 2 years ago but now I'm a lot better.

Thanks for the advise! This helps me a lot!

Edited by Ice2670

23 hours ago, Terrails said:

if (!worldIn.isRemote)

Do you know some built in forge codes that can help me synchronization server and client? I wanna synchronize the powerfactor in onBlockActivated.

21 minutes ago, Ice2670 said:

Do you know some built in forge codes that can help me synchronization server and client? I wanna synchronize the powerfactor in onBlockActivated.

I should have posted this post in this thread.

About Me

Spoiler

My Discord - Cadiboo#8887

My WebsiteCadiboo.github.io

My ModsCadiboo.github.io/projects

My TutorialsCadiboo.github.io/tutorials

Versions below 1.14.4 are no longer supported on this forum. Use the latest version to receive support.

When asking support remember to include all relevant log files (logs are found in .minecraft/logs/), code if applicable and screenshots if possible.

Only download mods from trusted sites like CurseForge (minecraft.curseforge.com). A list of bad sites can be found here, with more information available at stopmodreposts.org

Edit your own signature at www.minecraftforge.net/forum/settings/signature/ (Make sure to check its compatibility with the Dark Theme)

2 hours ago, Cadiboo said:

I should have posted this post in this thread.

would you tell me which specific data you are synchronizing? or it updates every data of TileEntityBase to client? I do think I need more explanation.

Edited by Ice2670

36 minutes ago, Ice2670 said:

would you tell me which specific data you are synchronizing? or it updates every data of TileEntityBase to client? I do think I need more explanation.

I'm syncronising all my Capability Data >

I'm getting the capabilities through the custom methods getInventory(), getEnergy() and getFluid() (or whatever the fluid capability getter is called, I've never used it) then writing the capabilities to NBT and sending that NBT to the client.

About Me

Spoiler

Versions below 1.14.4 are no longer supported on this forum. Use the latest version to receive support.

When asking support remember to include all relevant log files (logs are found in .minecraft/logs/), code if applicable and screenshots if possible.

Only download mods from trusted sites like CurseForge (minecraft.curseforge.com). A list of bad sites can be found here, with more information available at stopmodreposts.org

Edit your own signature at www.minecraftforge.net/forum/settings/signature/ (Make sure to check its compatibility with the Dark Theme)

24 minutes ago, Cadiboo said:

I'm syncronising all my Capability Data >

I'm getting the capabilities through the custom methods getInventory(), getEnergy() and getFluid() (or whatever the fluid capability getter is called, I've never used it) then writing the capabilities to NBT and sending that NBT to the client.

does it matter if i use ic2 energy instead of forge energy?

1 minute ago, Ice2670 said:

does it matter if i use ic2 energy instead of forge energy?

potentially, I made a small effort to add support for non FE systems that use IEnergyStorage a while ago but never tested it. If the code that edited works it shouldn't be an issue if IC2 is using capabilities and implementing Forge's IEnergyStorage

About Me

Spoiler

OK, now the synchronization problem is solved thanks to Draco18s and Cadiboo, gonna post codes here

public void readFromNBT(NBTTagCompound nbt){
    super.readFromNBT(nbt);

if (nbt.hasKey("energy"))
    {
        this.energy = nbt.getDouble("energy");
    }

}

@Override
public NBTTagCompound writeToNBT(NBTTagCompound nbt) {
    super.writeToNBT(nbt);
    nbt.setDouble("energy", this.energy);
    return nbt;
}

@Override
@Nullable
public SPacketUpdateTileEntity getUpdatePacket() {
    return new SPacketUpdateTileEntity(this.pos, 3, this.getUpdateTag());
}

@Override
public NBTTagCompound getUpdateTag() {
    return this.writeToNBT(new NBTTagCompound());
}

@Override
public void onDataPacket(NetworkManager net, SPacketUpdateTileEntity pkt) {
    super.onDataPacket(net, pkt);
    handleUpdateTag(pkt.getNbtCompound());
}

private IBlockState getState() {
    return world.getBlockState(pos);
}

and in update

public void update()
{

EnergyTileLoadEvent loadEvent = new EnergyTileLoadEvent(this);
    MinecraftForge.EVENT_BUS.post(loadEvent);

//these are for synchronazation
    world.markBlockRangeForRenderUpdate(pos, pos);
    world.notifyBlockUpdate(pos, getState(), getState(), 3);
    world.scheduleBlockUpdate(pos,this.getBlockType(),0,0);
    markDirty();

}

all these are added to TileEntityPlasmaCannon. I just copied the codes Draco18s provided here

Edited by Ice2670

4 hours ago, Ice2670 said:

OK, now the synchronization problem is solved thanks to Draco18s and Cadiboo, gonna post codes here

Is the whole problem solved?

4 hours ago, Ice2670 said:

all these are added to TileEntityPlasmaCannon. I just copied the codes Draco18s provided here

Please don't just copy code, read through it and learn how it works, if you don't understand how something works ask questions.

VANILLA MINECRAFT CLASSES ARE THE BEST RESOURCES WHEN MODDING

I will be posting 1.15.2 modding tutorials on this channel. If you want to be notified of it do the normal YouTube stuff like subscribing, ect.

Forge and vanilla BlockState generator.

17 hours ago, Animefan8888 said:

Is the whole problem solved?

Please don't just copy code, read through it and learn how it works, if you don't understand how something works ask questions.

to understand synchronization requires deep understanding on java, but right now i do not have time to go through such complicated problem. how ever I do understand how to use the codes provided by Draco18s.

As for the whole problem, I update powerfactor every time in fireplasma method instead of in update method, than the game won't crash.

And if possible, would you explain what does

markDirty();

do?

Edited by Ice2670

On 6/8/2018 at 10:21 AM, Ice2670 said:

if (nbt.hasKey("energy")) { this.energy = nbt.getDouble("energy"); } } @Override public NBTTagCompound writeToNBT(NBTTagCompound nbt) { super.writeToNBT(nbt); nbt.setDouble("energy", this.energy); return nbt; }

Energy will always be an integer, not a double.

About Me

Spoiler

1 minute ago, Ice2670 said:

no, EU energy is double

Forge's IEnergyStorage only allows integers. If its a double then they're using a different system from the one that I use and know about, and you should google some tutorials for it.

About Me

Spoiler

Do you have a GitHub I can look at?

About Me

Spoiler

4 minutes ago, Cadiboo said:

Do you have a GitHub I can look at?

if you want to know how ic2 energy is different i suggest you check on ic2 source codes, but my codes that involves energy use is here

public void update()
{
    EnergyTileLoadEvent loadEvent = new EnergyTileLoadEvent(this);
    MinecraftForge.EVENT_BUS.post(loadEvent);
    world.markBlockRangeForRenderUpdate(pos, pos);
    world.notifyBlockUpdate(pos, getState(), getState(), 3);
    markDirty();
}

public void invalidate()
{
    EnergyTileUnloadEvent unloadEvent = new EnergyTileUnloadEvent(this);
    MinecraftForge.EVENT_BUS.post(unloadEvent);
}
@Override
public double getDemandedEnergy() {
    return this.maxenergy - this.energy;
}

@Override
public int getSinkTier() {
    return Integer.MAX_VALUE;
}

@Override
public double injectEnergy(EnumFacing directionFrom, double amount, double voltage) {
    if (this.energy >= this.maxenergy) return amount;

double openEnergy = this.maxenergy - this.energy;
    if (openEnergy>= amount)
    {
        this.energy += amount;
        return 0.0D;
    } else if (amount > openEnergy)
    {
        this.energy += openEnergy;
        return amount - openEnergy;
    }

return 0;