[Solved] Creating a wearable item

Melonslise

I'm creating a custom armor that works differently to normal armor. I tried creating a custom armor class by copying some methods I thought were important from ItemArmor. Namely these are dispenseStack, getEquipmentSlot, onItemRightClick, getItemAttributeModifiers and a few others. However I can't even equip the armor in game. So what do I need to do to create a wearable item?

The armor should only reduce certain types of damage when it has charge. Is it best to use damage events for this?

Thanks.

Edited by Melonslise

1 hour ago, diesieben07 said:

Override Item#isValidArmor and Item#getEquipmentSlot. However note that you can probably achieve this with ItemArmor already by implementing ISpecialArmor.

Using isValidArmor worked, but I noticed a few issues.

1. I can't shift-click or right-click the armor to equip it for some reason. I copied the onItemRightClicked method from ItemArmor so not sure what's wrong there. And I have no idea where to look for the shift-click code.

2. I couldn't find getEquipmentSlot in Item. It seems the getEquipmentSlot method in ItemArmor is used only for the renderer.

3. How would I specify a renderer for the custom armor I made? I'm guessing by overriding getArmorModel?

Thanks.

Edited by Melonslise

8 minutes ago, diesieben07 said:

Update Forge.

Armor can be equipped using right-click, not shift-right-click.

1. I'm using the latest version of 1.12.2 forge. I got it like yesterday.

2. I meant that armor can be equipped by either right-clicking during gameplay or shift-left-clicking when in inventory.

EDIT: Nevermind, for some reason I had forge 14.21 installed. Must've misclicked.

Edited by Melonslise