IFuelHandler deprecated??

reapersremorse

2 minutes ago, reapersremorse said:

lol why would minecraft do that, it limits them in many ways.

Packets and network data, as well as saving to disk, and the pure fact that they dont need anything higher than the durability of a diamond pickaxe.

VANILLA MINECRAFT CLASSES ARE THE BEST RESOURCES WHEN MODDING

I will be posting 1.15.2 modding tutorials on this channel. If you want to be notified of it do the normal YouTube stuff like subscribing, ect.

Forge and vanilla BlockState generator.

Just now, reapersremorse said:

lol why would minecraft do that, it limits them in many ways.

Storage space & bandwidth for one, NBT is a massive storage hole compared with how small/optimised (not really) Minecraft's other data storage formats are.

Honestly any attempts to optimise anything in Minecraft is pretty much a lost cause, but using shorts instead of integers does cut the size of all the data in half. They couldn't use bytes because they already have durabilities greater than 256. (Bytes are have 256 possible values and are stored in 1 byte, Shorts have 65536 possible values are stored in 2 bytes, Integers have 4294967296 possible values and are stored in 4 bytes)

About Me

Spoiler

My Discord - Cadiboo#8887

My WebsiteCadiboo.github.io

My ModsCadiboo.github.io/projects

My TutorialsCadiboo.github.io/tutorials

Versions below 1.14.4 are no longer supported on this forum. Use the latest version to receive support.

When asking support remember to include all relevant log files (logs are found in .minecraft/logs/), code if applicable and screenshots if possible.

Only download mods from trusted sites like CurseForge (minecraft.curseforge.com). A list of bad sites can be found here, with more information available at stopmodreposts.org

Edit your own signature at www.minecraftforge.net/forum/settings/signature/ (Make sure to check its compatibility with the Dark Theme)

3 minutes ago, Animefan8888 said:

Packets and network data, as well as saving to disk, and the pure fact that they dont need anything higher than the durability of a diamond pickaxe.

Sorry, I keep posting basically the same thing as you, slightly later.

About Me

Spoiler

Versions below 1.14.4 are no longer supported on this forum. Use the latest version to receive support.

When asking support remember to include all relevant log files (logs are found in .minecraft/logs/), code if applicable and screenshots if possible.

Only download mods from trusted sites like CurseForge (minecraft.curseforge.com). A list of bad sites can be found here, with more information available at stopmodreposts.org

Edit your own signature at www.minecraftforge.net/forum/settings/signature/ (Make sure to check its compatibility with the Dark Theme)

2 minutes ago, Cadiboo said:

Sorry, I keep posting basically the same thing as you, slightly later.

It's ok, I have done it to.

I will be posting 1.15.2 modding tutorials on this channel. If you want to be notified of it do the normal YouTube stuff like subscribing, ect.

i didnt realize that, networking is currently beyond me. funny though, i have a cheaty set of items that are uncraftable. and this is the material i use
and i get no errors or problems with it

public static final Item.ToolMaterial MATERIAL_BASE = EnumHelper.addToolMaterial
        (
                "material_base", 
                2147483647.0f,
                2147483647.0f, 
        );

i didnt realize that, networking is currently beyond me. funny though, i have a cheaty set of items that are uncraftable. and this is the material i use
and i get no errors or problems with it

public static final Item.ToolMaterial MATERIAL_BASE = EnumHelper.addToolMaterial
        (
                "material_base", 
                2147483647.0f,
                2147483647.0f, 
        );

It compiling doesn't mean it will work in game or when saving/sending packets or when loading from a save/recieving packets.

About Me

Spoiler

1 minute ago, reapersremorse said:

no, it runs, all values are set to max int or infinate

That screenshot is of armor and neither of those are the item damage amount.

3 minutes ago, reapersremorse said:

this kind of damage or did you mean attack damage

2018-08-08_06_38_27.png.39e4f01a813da23520d2d884e35fae8a.png

Save and reload the world, I’m interested what’s going to happen

About Me

Spoiler

1 minute ago, reapersremorse said:

if you have discord, i can screenshare with ya

My Discord’s in my signature, but I’m not at my computer rn, feel free to contact me though

Edited by Cadiboo

About Me

Spoiler

ahh i do not have your 4 digit tag so i cant add you. mine is also my gamertag reapersremorse#1596
ill go ahead and reload and send you another pic
//before pic

2018-08-08_06_50_40.thumb.png.70624b5c087edb8c9eb0f6598757f761.png

after i shear the tree of all leaves

2018-08-08_06_50_15.thumb.png.b3796fe0941072bc62a8d9af807e8432.png

Cadiboo#8887

About Me

Spoiler

@reapersremorse The items damage is actually how much damage the item has taken I believe that when you save and load the world after having the item take 32768 it will either reset to full durability or to having taken 32768 damage. And also if the items damage is ever over 65535 the ItemStack will be considered empty and would then no longer really exist.

35 minutes ago, reapersremorse said:

?ill test it

I have tested it, it goes back to full on reload, and disappears after taking Short.MAX_VALUE * 2 + 2 or 65535.