Remove or Disable base blocks and/or Recipes?

Zaikyu

There is no special way in forge no.

But all things you can do with basic java.

More or less I just didn't want to edit the base classes.

Try replacing some blocks in the Block.blockList array by setting them to null.

Hrmm I might try to check into this but most of the variables in Block are finial so they might not be editable.

That isn't a bad idea.  Would be interesting to just replace them all then write a whole new game out of it.  Problem is the world generation.

Generation would be a problem but I actually plan on editing that or at least making a new world gen mode.

More or less I just didn't want to edit the base classes.

Lex is talking about reflection.

http://java.sun.com/developer/technicalArticles/ALT/Reflection/

Oh hrmm interesting. Sounds familiar but it has been a long time since I have worked with Java. I have mostly worked with c++ and actionscript lately. But I guess Ill check that out a bit.

though will that really work with Finial variables anyway. Though whole point of them is so you don't change them after they are made...

Though I probably wouldn't call that technique Basic. Although it might be built into java it doesn't seem like something you would use on a regular basis. But hey java is not my primary language

It is used for working around the java security model.  In C++ terms think of just directly accessing class variables and such using pointer manipulation, but in an easier format, kind of like Boost::Mirror for C++, but for Java instead.

Yeah I understand it in concept, I just wouldnt label it as a "Basic" lol I think it would be more of an advanced java technique

It is used for working around the java security model.  In C++ terms think of just directly accessing class variables and such using pointer manipulation, but in an easier format, kind of like Boost::Mirror for C++, but for Java instead.

Yeah I understand it in concept, I just wouldnt label it as a "Basic" lol I think it would be more of an advanced java technique

True, but it is common in MC modding because you have to for *many* things.  ;)

Suppose so lol. Tried it out but didnt seem to work the way I wanted to that or Im not sure if Im doing it properly. Though Im not sure how exactly you are suppose to use it to replace objects especially since all the block types are final =/

Magic

And thats all your getting because if you're to stupid/lazy to figure it out yourself, you'd probably fuck a lot of things up if you used it.

I do Forge for free, however the servers to run it arn't free, so anything is appreciated.
Consider supporting the team on Patreon

Magic

And thats all your getting because if you're to stupid/lazy to figure it out yourself, you'd probably fuck a lot of things up if you used it.

Ouch I don't think I deserve quite such a comeback. I get you probably get a lot of questions for rude and inexperienced programmers but Its not like I was complaining or begging for info.

This was the first time I heard of this method since Im not a pro Java programmer. Im thankful that someone mentioned that method though, it was helpful. I am only doing this in I'm my free time and haven't used Java all that extensively. I am a programmer by trade and I understand that doing it yourself is the best way to understand it. All I was asking for was a guideline in the right direction.

All I meant was the term basic should refer to the techniques you absolutely must know to use a language and it does not quite fit a technique that is suppose to used to bypass security of a class.

Yes basic can be interpreted many ways.

Would you of preferred 'vanilla java'

or some other terms that ment NOT FORGE?

Either way, topic closed.

I do Forge for free, however the servers to run it arn't free, so anything is appreciated.
Consider supporting the team on Patreon