Custom Trees

Col_Baskerville

Hey There,

I am making a tutorial mod to help me learn coding and have been wrestling with the Tree part of Minecraft modding. So, I haven't even gotten to the tree generation part, I am just trying to make the blocks for the tree. For some reason, my planks and log work. but my sapling and leaves are having a problem being textured in game, showing up as the typical purple and black checkers. I have looked over everything again and again, and would really love some help, thank you!

Here is my GitHub Code: https://github.com/ColBaskerville/Tutorial-Mod

What does your log say? I'm somewhat new at this myself-- not new to java, but to modding. I'm going to just guess here that your blockstate is missing the variants you declared in the BlockLeaf class-- ' check_decay' and 'decayable'.  Try adding those to your blockstate and see if it doesn't help. 

Example:

"check_decay=true,decayable=true,variant=apple": { "model:" "tm:leaves_apple"} 

You'll want to have a true and false for each of the leaf-specific variants.

And I can vouch for Jabelar's tutorial. I just recently did some trees myself, and I had started out with following a youtube tutorial. But I got really stuck and I found Jabelar's tree tutorial and it helped me figure out where I went wrong. Also, I recommend following the advice given about going with the flat method rather than variants. I switched mine around as suggested, and it made it much easier to understand. I hope this is helpful to you, and I hope you get your trees working.

8 hours ago, Maideniles said:

I'm going to just guess here that your blockstate is missing the variants you declared in the BlockLeaf class-- ' check_decay' and 'decayable'.

Or you could tell the statemapper "these properties can be ignored."

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.