Checking if mod that is loaded is compiled

jredfox

I need a boolean to know if a mod in my mdk is compiled that way it doesn't generate files automatically that it doesn't do in compiled form. Because checking if it is eclipse isn't enough I load the mod and it generates the files when it's already compiled.

Edited by jredfox

6 minutes ago, jredfox said:

I need a boolean to know if a mod in my mdk is compiled that way it doesn't generate files automatically that it doesn't do in compiled form. Because checking if it is eclipse isn't enough I load the mod and it generates the files when it's already compiled.

Write a boolean that is public static final and change it when you are going to release it, or put it in the config.

VANILLA MINECRAFT CLASSES ARE THE BEST RESOURCES WHEN MODDING

I will be posting 1.15.2 modding tutorials on this channel. If you want to be notified of it do the normal YouTube stuff like subscribing, ect.

Forge and vanilla BlockState generator.

1 minute ago, jredfox said:

that seems like alot of work for every time I compile a mod. is there no other way?

If you use a config boolean then you can set the default to "compiled" and change it for your workspace so that it is "non compiled". You won't have to change anything unless you have to delete the config file.

I will be posting 1.15.2 modding tutorials on this channel. If you want to be notified of it do the normal YouTube stuff like subscribing, ect.

2 minutes ago, Animefan8888 said:

If you use a config boolean then you can set the default to "compiled" and change it for your workspace so that it is "non compiled". You won't have to change anything unless you have to delete the config file.

but, I have multiple mods that would do this. So your saying create my own config between mod and boolean? I guess I could do that just was hoping that the mod container already had something

Edited by jredfox

2 minutes ago, jredfox said:

but, I have multiple mods that would do this. So your saying create my own config between mod and boolean? I guess I could do that just was hoping that the mod container already had something

This would be the best method.

9 minutes ago, diesieben07 said:

File source = Loader.instance().getReversedModObjectList().get([yourModInstance]).getSource();
boolean isJar = source.isFile() && source.getName().endsWith(".jar");

will the file ever be null?

Also I think if you're just wanting to know if you're running in a development environment there are other ways. I think something like worked in the past: 

devEnv = (Boolean) Launch.blackboard.get("fml.deobfuscatedEnvironment");

Another option is to pass a special argument in your run configuration for your vm arguments, since this would only be passed in development scenarios. 

Check out my tutorials here: http://jabelarminecraft.blogspot.com/

20 hours ago, jabelar said:

Also I think if you're just wanting to know if you're running in a development environment there are other ways. I think something like worked in the past: 

devEnv = (Boolean) Launch.blackboard.get("fml.deobfuscatedEnvironment");

Another option is to pass a special argument in your run configuration for your vm arguments, since this would only be passed in development scenarios. 

that's what I was doing to begin with but, other mods that were jar files were generating files in src/main/resources because it was eclipse

52 minutes ago, jredfox said:

that's what I was doing to begin with but, other mods that were jar files were generating files in src/main/resources because it was eclipse

So, you don’t want to generate them when running inside eclipse??

About Me

Spoiler

My Discord - Cadiboo#8887

My WebsiteCadiboo.github.io

My ModsCadiboo.github.io/projects

My TutorialsCadiboo.github.io/tutorials

Versions below 1.14.4 are no longer supported on this forum. Use the latest version to receive support.

When asking support remember to include all relevant log files (logs are found in .minecraft/logs/), code if applicable and screenshots if possible.

Only download mods from trusted sites like CurseForge (minecraft.curseforge.com). A list of bad sites can be found here, with more information available at stopmodreposts.org

Edit your own signature at www.minecraftforge.net/forum/settings/signature/ (Make sure to check its compatibility with the Dark Theme)

On 8/30/2018 at 7:03 AM, Cadiboo said:

So, you don’t want to generate them when running inside eclipse??

only if the mod isn't compiled. Because if it's a jar file it means that the jsons and lang are already inside of the jar file and the assets are already loaded

3 hours ago, jredfox said:

only if the mod isn't compiled. Because if it's a jar file it means that the jsons and lang are already inside of the jar file and the assets are already loaded

Please explain your problem again and what you mean by “compiled”

About Me

Spoiler

My Discord - Cadiboo#8887

My WebsiteCadiboo.github.io

My ModsCadiboo.github.io/projects

My TutorialsCadiboo.github.io/tutorials

Versions below 1.14.4 are no longer supported on this forum. Use the latest version to receive support.

When asking support remember to include all relevant log files (logs are found in .minecraft/logs/), code if applicable and screenshots if possible.

Only download mods from trusted sites like CurseForge (minecraft.curseforge.com). A list of bad sites can be found here, with more information available at stopmodreposts.org

Edit your own signature at www.minecraftforge.net/forum/settings/signature/ (Make sure to check its compatibility with the Dark Theme)

On 8/31/2018 at 11:58 PM, Cadiboo said:

Please explain your problem again and what you mean by “compiled”

problem is already solved. I was generating files when the boolean was eclipse yet the mod was compiled meaning it had all the files generated inside of the jar already. The files that were generating before looking for compiled were src/main/resources/modid/files