TRSRTransformation Builder

TheTrollguy_

Hey, I've been recently playing a lot with TRSRTransformation class and I realized that it could probably be easier to use a builder for it rather than passing a million arguments (I know it's just 4, but it looks neater).

Let me show you what I mean.

First, a few arguments why I even created a TRSR Util class:

1) I didn't know that there were cornerToCenter and centerToCorner methods and at first, they confused me since any rotation I do happens around the center of the block. (I think the majority of modders want it like that).

2) Quaternions. I don't think anybody uses quaternions to in their head to picture a rotation. I know that there are static methods in the TRSRTransformation class to get a quaternion from XYZ degrees, but that makes a horrible mess.

3) Readability. Tell me what is easier to read:

TRSRTransformation tr = new TRSRTransformation(new Vector3f(0, 10F, 0), new Quat4f(0, 0.125F, 1, 0), new Vector3f(1, 1.25F, 1), null);

VS

TRSRTransformation tr = new TRSRTransformation.Builder()
	.translate(0.125F, 0, 0)
	.rotate(0, 90, 0)
	.scale(2, 2, 2)
	.postRotate(90, 0, 0)
	.build()

You could even specify in the Builder's constructor if you want to use the corner or center version as a boolean variable (true - center, false - corner).

And then, the Builder would do all the messy work, while you would just move on with your life. I can even provide a working Builder class I made myself if you all think that this would be a great addition, no matter how small it is, it would help modders a lot.

Edited by TheTrollguy_
Spelling mistakes
  • Like 1