Mods working with singleplayer, not with multiplayer

kyokyo866

I know this is a pretty common problem but it is one hell of a bugger to get rid of. 

I have version 1.12 and all of my mods are also 1.12 and they all work great on singleplayer (namely Lucky Box, Aether Legacy and Biomes o plenty is all I have) but when it comes to multiplayer, nothing happens other than being placed on the ground for a split second and then vanishing

I have my own server folder for it and everything, I've followed countless tutorials and other threads for hours and yet nothing seems to work. My only lead is this bit of code

[21:26:37] [Server thread/INFO] [FML]: Searching C:\Users\Kyokyo\Desktop\Forge Server\.\mods for mods
[21:26:39] [Server thread/INFO] [FML]: Forge Mod Loader has identified 8 mods to load
[21:26:39] [Server thread/WARN] [FML]: Missing English translation for FML: assets/fml/lang/en_us.lang
[21:26:40] [Server thread/WARN] [FML]: Missing English translation for orbis_api: assets/orbis_api/lang/en_us.lang
[21:26:40] [Server thread/INFO] [FML]: Attempting connection with missing mods [minecraft, mcp, FML, forge, aether_legacy, biomesoplenty, lucky, orbis_api] at CLIENT
[21:26:40] [Server thread/INFO] [FML]: Attempting connection with missing mods [minecraft, mcp, FML, forge, aether_legacy, biomesoplenty, lucky, orbis_api] at SERVER
[21:26:45] [Server thread/INFO] [FML]: Processing ObjectHolder annotations
[21:26:45] [Server thread/INFO] [FML]: Found 1169 ObjectHolder annotations
[21:26:45] [Server thread/INFO] [FML]: Identifying ItemStackHolder annotations
[21:26:45] [Server thread/INFO] [FML]: Found 0 ItemStackHolder annotations
[21:26:46] [Server thread/INFO] [FML]: Configured a dormant chunk cache size of 0
[21:26:46] [Forge Version Check/INFO] [forge.VersionCheck]: [forge] Starting version check at http://files.minecraftforge.net/maven/net/minecraftforge/forge/promotions_slim.json
[21:26:47] [Forge Version Check/INFO] [forge.VersionCheck]: [forge] Found status: AHEAD Target: null

and also

[21:27:01] [Server thread/WARN] [FML]: No types have been added to Biome aether_legacy:aether_highlands, types have been assigned on a best-effort guess: [DRY, PLAINS]
[21:27:01] [Server thread/INFO] [FML]: Forge Mod Loader has successfully loaded 8 mods
[21:27:01] [Server thread/INFO] [minecraft/DedicatedServer]: Preparing level "world"
[21:27:01] [Server thread/INFO] [FML]: Injecting existing registry data into this server instance
[21:27:03] [Server thread/INFO] [FML]: Applying holder lookups
[21:27:03] [Server thread/INFO] [FML]: Holder lookups applied
[21:27:04] [Server thread/INFO] [FML]: Loading dimension 0 (world) (net.minecraft.server.dedicated.DedicatedServer@2a0d399e)
[21:27:06] [Server thread/INFO] [minecraft/AdvancementList]: Loaded 795 advancements
[21:27:07] [Server thread/INFO] [FML]: Loading dimension 1 (world) (net.minecraft.server.dedicated.DedicatedServer@2a0d399e)
[21:27:07] [Server thread/INFO] [STDOUT]: [biomesoplenty.common.world.BiomeProviderBOPHell:<init>:32]: settings for hell world: 
[21:27:07] [Server thread/INFO] [FML]: Loading dimension -1 (world) (net.minecraft.server.dedicated.DedicatedServer@2a0d399e)
[21:27:08] [Server thread/INFO] [FML]: Loading dimension 4 (world) (net.minecraft.server.dedicated.DedicatedServer@2a0d399e)
[21:27:08] [Server thread/INFO] [minecraft/MinecraftServer]: Preparing start region for level 0
[21:27:10] [Server thread/INFO] [minecraft/MinecraftServer]: Preparing spawn area: 0%
[21:27:11] [Server thread/INFO] [minecraft/MinecraftServer]: Preparing spawn area: 4%
[21:27:12] [Server thread/INFO] [minecraft/MinecraftServer]: Preparing spawn area: 20%
[21:27:13] [Server thread/INFO] [minecraft/MinecraftServer]: Preparing spawn area: 40%
[21:27:14] [Server thread/INFO] [minecraft/MinecraftServer]: Preparing spawn area: 56%
[21:27:15] [Server thread/INFO] [minecraft/MinecraftServer]: Preparing spawn area: 65%
[21:27:16] [Server thread/INFO] [minecraft/MinecraftServer]: Preparing spawn area: 72%
[21:27:17] [Server thread/INFO] [minecraft/DedicatedServer]: Done (15.533s)! For help, type "help" or "?"
[21:27:19] [Server thread/INFO] [OrbisAPI]: Creating file-backed world storage at C:\Users\Kyokyo\Desktop\Forge Server\.\world\DIM1\data\orbis\flat
[21:27:19] [Server thread/INFO] [FML]: Unloading dimension 1
[21:27:19] [Server thread/INFO] [OrbisAPI]: Creating file-backed world storage at C:\Users\Kyokyo\Desktop\Forge Server\.\world\DIM-1\data\orbis\flat
[21:27:19] [Server thread/INFO] [FML]: Unloading dimension -1
[21:27:19] [Server thread/INFO] [OrbisAPI]: Creating file-backed world storage at C:\Users\Kyokyo\Desktop\Forge Server\.\world\Dim-Aether\data\orbis\flat
[21:27:19] [Server thread/INFO] [FML]: Unloading dimension 4
[21:27:20] [Server thread/WARN] [minecraft/MinecraftServer]: Can't keep up! Did the system time change, or is the server overloaded? Running 2831ms behind, skipping 56 tick(s)
[21:28:03] [Server thread/INFO] [OrbisAPI]: Creating file-backed world storage at C:\Users\Kyokyo\Desktop\Forge Server\.\world\data\orbis\flat

To which I can't make a folder called . trust me I tried, and nothing I can do can make it see otherwise even though theres a normal mods folder right there with everything else

Please, is there any ideas to fix this?

45 minutes ago, kyokyo866 said:

Please, is there any ideas to fix this?

46 minutes ago, kyokyo866 said:

[21:26:40] [Server thread/INFO] [FML]: Attempting connection with missing mods [minecraft, mcp, FML, forge, aether_legacy, biomesoplenty, lucky, orbis_api] at CLIENT
[21:26:40] [Server thread/INFO] [FML]: Attempting connection with missing mods [minecraft, mcp, FML, forge, aether_legacy, biomesoplenty, lucky, orbis_api] at SERVER

Either the server doesn't have the mods or you don't have the mods, are the mods in both mods folders?

VANILLA MINECRAFT CLASSES ARE THE BEST RESOURCES WHEN MODDING

I will be posting 1.15.2 modding tutorials on this channel. If you want to be notified of it do the normal YouTube stuff like subscribing, ect.

Forge and vanilla BlockState generator.

Gotta love this, Random Loots was doing this earlier but I gotten "blessed" with a crash to refers off of.  

However you will has to likely do the "split half of the mods and load each group separately, and then the problem causing group to be split again and rinse and repeat until a mod is singled out" method. :( 

So with 8 mods you would do... 

1. Load 4 of them and see if the problem still exists if so split that into 2x2 mods otherwise...  

2. Split the other 4 batch into 2x2 mods then find the problem "batch" then split THAT batch once more 

3. You will then be left with the "problem" mod one way or another (crashing/it not working or the problem free final mod obviously pointing to the FINAL mod).  

3 minutes ago, Animefan8888 said:

Either the server doesn't have the mods or you don't have the mods, are the mods in both mods folders?

Yup I have them in both the client and server

5 minutes ago, FriendlySurvival said:

Gotta love this, Random Loots was doing this earlier but I gotten "blessed" with a crash to refers off of.  

However you will has to likely do the "split half of the mods and load each group separately, and then the problem causing group to be split again and rinse and repeat until a mod is singled out" method. :( 

So with 8 mods you would do... 

1. Load 4 of them and see if the problem still exists if so split that into 2x2 mods otherwise...  

2. Split the other 4 batch into 2x2 mods then find the problem "batch" then split THAT batch once more 

3. You will then be left with the "problem" mod one way or another (crashing/it not working or the problem free final mod obviously pointing to the FINAL mod).  

Hm, considering 4 of the 8 were just defaults that came with the program i'll try to get rid of most of them to see what happens, which is still strange on that they all work on single player and youd think itd say it wasnt multiplayer compitable before hand? idk

1 minute ago, kyokyo866 said:

Yup I have them in both the client and server

How are you running the server?

I will be posting 1.15.2 modding tutorials on this channel. If you want to be notified of it do the normal YouTube stuff like subscribing, ect.

I believe your server installation is in the wrong place. Can you show a screenshot of the file browser with a clear path like this?

Spoiler

image.png.bcde0b4e310e7852f47c078296b947be.png

Also, I believe that this is an incorrect category for your problem.

Edited by Belial
Wrong image.

2 minutes ago, Belial said:

I believe your server installation is in the wrong place. Can you show a screenshot of the file browser with a clear path like this?

Hide contents

image.png.6aaf7bc87fcc5ac388fda8da94d7a38d.png

Also, I believe that this is an incorrect category for your problem.

If it is I apologize, I saw some other people post in this subject for it so I assumed that was the one to go with

image.thumb.png.f84201c40c2e237a3615eb98058514ea.png

and this is what my main folder of it looks like

4 minutes ago, Animefan8888 said:

How are you running the server?

I run it via clicking on the minecraft_server1.1.12.2 jar then clicking on the main launch for forge to launch minecraft in the first place

1 minute ago, kyokyo866 said:

I run it via clicking on the minecraft_server1.1.12.2 jar then clicking on the main launch for forge to launch minecraft in the first place

I believe you need to run the forge-1.12.2-(numbers)universal.jar

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, kyokyo866 said:

it just ran a diagnostic then exited itself out, its where i got the code from the first post

Create a .txt (text) file, then paste this on that file:

@echo off
java -jar forge-1.12.2-14.23.4.2759-universal.jar nogui
pause

then "save as" it and name it "run.bat". Then, run that file to open the server.

Edited by Belial

3 minutes ago, Belial said:

Create a .txt (text) file, then paste this on that file:

@echo off
java -jar forge-1.12.2-14.23.4.2759-universal.jar nogui
pause

then "save as" it and name it "run.bat". Then, run that file to open the server.

Did it but

image.png.53ea0cc9979392fcde6a9a7f27cb0eba.png

it still thinks its missing and trying to find a . folder

3 minutes ago, kyokyo866 said:

it still thinks its missing and trying to find a . folder

My bad, I thought the server doesn't start when you run "universal.jar". As I checked out, it does.

I'm thinking about why it would check "." folder. I will reply if I can find anything.

Edited by Belial

10 minutes ago, Belial said:

@kyokyo866 I suppose you did install it inside your minecraft folder, right?

Server file shouldn't generate versions as I know. Still, this isn't the issue as I recently checked out.

Nah theyre seperate, I just didnt know if it was the missing folders that was making it not work, that wasnt the case though

Just now, kyokyo866 said:

Nah theyre seperate, I just didnt know if it was the missing folders that was making it not work, that wasnt the case though

"C:\Users\Kyokyo\Desktop\Forge Server\.\mods" is equal to  "C:\Users\Kyokyo\Desktop\Forge Server\mods" btw. "." just stands for the current folder.

is kinda self-handsake, it seems. I don't know purpose of it, but it occurs while server is starting, not joining. If your client doesn't have required mods, server wouldn't let client join.

What block and which mod's block was that you were trying to place?

10 minutes ago, Belial said:

"C:\Users\Kyokyo\Desktop\Forge Server\.\mods" is equal to  "C:\Users\Kyokyo\Desktop\Forge Server\mods" btw. "." just stands for the current folder.

Well if the case then a move may resolve the problem by explicitly specing a non "." path like username/server for example? 

It's stupid but it may be simpler  and it comes in a "can" so why not just move it?

2 minutes ago, FriendlySurvival said:

Well if the case then a move may resolve the problem by explicitly specing a non "." path like username/server for example? 

It's stupid but it may be simpler  and it comes in a "can" so why not just move it?

I was mistaken at first. Server clearly loads all the mods as you can see here:

• Thanks 1

Since its been a while I checked again and it's come to just this, which really hasnt really changed anything

[23:51:30] [Server thread/INFO] [FML]: Searching C:\Users\Kyokyo\Desktop\Forge Server\.\mods for mods
[23:51:32] [Server thread/INFO] [FML]: Forge Mod Loader has identified 5 mods to load
[23:51:32] [Server thread/WARN] [FML]: Missing English translation for FML: assets/fml/lang/en_us.lang
[23:51:33] [Server thread/INFO] [FML]: Attempting connection with missing mods [minecraft, mcp, FML, forge, lucky] at CLIENT
[23:51:33] [Server thread/INFO] [FML]: Attempting connection with missing mods [minecraft, mcp, FML, forge, lucky] at SERVER
[23:51:38] [Server thread/INFO] [FML]: Processing ObjectHolder annotations

Even if it was a 'make it look at another folder' problem I wouldnt know how to tell it to do so.