Can't remove task from my entity

Triphion

So, the problem lies in the code specifically since i can get access to the main function, but it won't remove or add my tasks. 

Here is the function: 

public void becomeAlly() 
	{
 		scala.Console.print("Success! ");
		for(Object task : this.targetTasks.taskEntries.toArray())
    		{
    			 EntityAIBase ai = ((EntityAITaskEntry) task).action;
    			 	if(ai instanceof EntityAINearestAttackableTarget)
    			 		this.targetTasks.removeTask(ai); 
    		}
		this.targetTasks.addTask(2, new EntityAINearestAttackableTarget(this, EntityMob.class, false)); 
	}

Edited by Triphion

12 minutes ago, Triphion said:

So, the problem lies in the code specifically since i can get access to the main function, but it won't remove or add my tasks. 

Here is the function: https://pastebin.com/pZk9UtEj

I dont think that link works, could you post your code here on the forum using the <> button.

VANILLA MINECRAFT CLASSES ARE THE BEST RESOURCES WHEN MODDING

I will be posting 1.15.2 modding tutorials on this channel. If you want to be notified of it do the normal YouTube stuff like subscribing, ect.

Forge and vanilla BlockState generator.

The reason i know that the "becomeAlly" function is getting called is because i checked through console-printing. So i'm completely sure that the function gets called. 

I have also tried putting brackets after the "if" such as this. 

if(ai instanceof EntityAINearestAttackableTarget){
    			 		this.targetTasks.removeTask(ai);}

But that doesn't make any difference. 

Edited by Triphion

11 minutes ago, diesieben07 said:

Why are you removing tasks while the entity is already alive?

I'm doing that since the item that i use is supposed to turn a hostile undead into a friendly undead that attacks other mobs. That is why it needs to be alive, if i wanted it to be every new entity then that wouldn't be a problem but it needs to convert when i click the item. 

Edited by Triphion

If the method is getting called then you need to confirm that the if statement is working as expected. Add more console print statement in the loop to see what the task list contains and whether they meet the if condition. Should be quickly clear what the problem is after that.

Check out my tutorials here: http://jabelarminecraft.blogspot.com/

Well, the thing is that the for statement isn't getting executed. However the function gets executed as i wrote earlier. How would i execute the for statement properly?

public void becomeAlly() 
	{
		for(Object task : this.targetTasks.taskEntries.toArray())
		{
			 EntityAIBase ai = ((EntityAITaskEntry) task).action;
			 if(ai instanceof EntityAINearestAttackableTarget)
				 this.targetTasks.removeTask(ai); 
		}
		this.targetTasks.addTask(0, new EntityAINearestAttackableTarget(this, EntityMob.class, false)); 
 	}

Tested a bit more and realized that the task that i added isn't getting added. Do i have to do this some other way altogether since the tasks doesn't seem to get updated? 

Edited by Triphion

1 hour ago, diesieben07 said:

Are you sure you are calling this method on the server and only the server?

This is the code that i use to call the function in the entityclass. I use this in the itemclass. I think this is server only? Or is it the other way around?

@Override
	public boolean itemInteractionForEntity(ItemStack itemstack, EntityPlayer playerIn, EntityLivingBase entity, EnumHand hand) 
	{
		EntityUndead undead;
		undead = new EntityUndead(entity.world);

World world;

if (entity.world.isRemote)
        {
            return false;
        }
        if (entity instanceof EntityUndead)
        {
        	undead.becomeAlly();
            return true;
        }
        return false;
    }

Why are you calling new EntityUndead before dumping out on the client? Way to waste RAM and GC.

Also, new EntityUndead is not the entity you clicked on. It's a new entity (as evidenced by the new keyword).

Also, what the fuck is this:

9 minutes ago, Triphion said:

World world;

Why has your IDE not told you to remove this?

Edited by Draco18s

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.

53 minutes ago, Draco18s said:

Also, new EntityUndead is not the entity you clicked on. It's a new entity (as evidenced by the new keyword).

Okay, so if i want the one i click on, i need to do it another way? This doesn't work unless i initialize it, but how do i initialize it properly?

@Override
	public boolean itemInteractionForEntity(ItemStack itemstack, EntityPlayer playerIn, EntityLivingBase entity, EnumHand hand) 
	{
        if (entity.world.isRemote)
        {
            return false;
        }
        if (entity instanceof EntityUndead)
        {
        	EntityUndead undead;
        	undead.becomeAlly();
            return true;
        }
        return false;
    }

I can't initialize it like i did before right? Since that'll not be called for the one i chose.

9 minutes ago, Triphion said:

EntityUndead undead;

undead.becomeAlly();

WARNING: UNINITIALIZED VARIABLE

ERROR: NULL POINTER EXCEPTION

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

This is a basic java question.