Need help trying to remove a collision box

MrChoke

I am having entities pathfind through trap doors.  The problem is, sometimes they collide with the open trap door on their way up and don't move through.  This is happening in move() when it evaluates the collision boxes.  I know Forge has a GetCollisionBoxes event but it is very generic.  I believe if I can remove only the box for the trapdoor it would be ok but how do I tell which one that is?  Getting a list of AxisAlignedBB objects and nothing more is proving very difficult to use.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

I think you should make the pathfinding AI better instead of removing bounding boxes. Why not just check if they're stuck on a trapdoor & if so try moving around a little

• Thanks 1

About Me

Spoiler

My Discord - Cadiboo#8887

My WebsiteCadiboo.github.io

My ModsCadiboo.github.io/projects

My TutorialsCadiboo.github.io/tutorials

Versions below 1.14.4 are no longer supported on this forum. Use the latest version to receive support.

When asking support remember to include all relevant log files (logs are found in .minecraft/logs/), code if applicable and screenshots if possible.

Only download mods from trusted sites like CurseForge (minecraft.curseforge.com). A list of bad sites can be found here, with more information available at stopmodreposts.org

Edit your own signature at www.minecraftforge.net/forum/settings/signature/ (Make sure to check its compatibility with the Dark Theme)

3 minutes ago, Cadiboo said:

I think you should make the pathfinding AI better instead of removing bounding boxes. Why not just check if they're stuck on a trapdoor & if so try moving around a little

You know that is exactly what I am trying to do.  I am finding it doing some weird thing where his next block is a diagonal and seems that it makes him push up against the trapdoor.  

Though back on the GetCollisionEvent, I most likely won't need it here but I struggle how anyone can take advantage of it based on what you get to work with.