Which would be more practical?

Sty2000

Hey, just wondering if it would be more practical for a person like me to wait for forge 1.13 to come out or try backporting and hope it doesn't blow up in my face?

I understand that spamming Lex isn't the way to go; I'm also very impatient as a person and love some of the new 1.13 additions but can't stand vanilla mc.

I'm unaware if it's even legal to backport mc content or how to do so (i'd literally have to ask on the official forums or whatnot).

any input would be welcome,

Honestly there weren't that many additions (on the surface) that came in 1.13 so back porting the features probably won't be too hard (except for the water stuff, don't even try & touch that).

3 hours ago, Sty2000 said:

hope it doesn't blow up in my face

Its still going to blow up in your face, theres no way around it

I'm unaware if it's even legal to backport mc content or how to do so (i'd literally have to ask on the official forums or whatnot).

Its probably legal (very very probably, I'm not a lawyer though), however why would you back port stuff, thats the entire point of new versions.

I understand that spamming Lex isn't the way to go; I'm also very impatient as a person and love some of the new 1.13 additions but can't stand vanilla mc.

Forge 1.13 is almost done, it only took so long because they chose this update to entirely rewrite both Forge Gradle & Forge Mod Loader and large parts of Forge. Feel free to take a look at

and

on a sidenote is anyone willing to mentor me when it comes to coding a mod?

All of us are always happy to help, you should however know Java or another Object Oriented Programming (OOP) Language before trying to make a mod. You can make a topic, message us personally (don't if you are able to make a topic for it) and ask for help on the Forge Discord Chanel (https://discord.gg/UvedJ9m). 

Edited by Cadiboo

About Me

Spoiler

My Discord - Cadiboo#8887

My WebsiteCadiboo.github.io

My ModsCadiboo.github.io/projects

My TutorialsCadiboo.github.io/tutorials

Versions below 1.14.4 are no longer supported on this forum. Use the latest version to receive support.

When asking support remember to include all relevant log files (logs are found in .minecraft/logs/), code if applicable and screenshots if possible.

Only download mods from trusted sites like CurseForge (minecraft.curseforge.com). A list of bad sites can be found here, with more information available at stopmodreposts.org

Edit your own signature at www.minecraftforge.net/forum/settings/signature/ (Make sure to check its compatibility with the Dark Theme)