[SOLVED]Huge amount of mobs in custom biome

Krevik

Hello! I am posting this problem once again. This time with github code. So basically the problem is spawn rates of mobs. Mobs that are spawned in huge amounts. Especially monsters (creatures also but spawn rates of creatures are a bit lower). That applies also to mobs from vanilla minecraft (like squids) or even mobs from another mods. Of course the problem is present also in all of my other custom biomes in my dimension. Here is github code. Thank you for your help!

Edited by Krevik

54 minutes ago, Krevik said:

Hello! I am posting this problem once again. This time with github code. So basically the problem is spawn rates of mobs. Mobs that are spawned in huge amounts. Especially monsters (creatures also but spawn rates of creatures are a bit lower). That applies also to mobs from vanilla minecraft (like squids) or even mobs from another mods. Of course the problem is present also in all of my other custom biomes. Here is github code. Thank you for your help!

Could you tell me what the parameter names for Biome.SpawnListEntry are, that may solve your problem.

VANILLA MINECRAFT CLASSES ARE THE BEST RESOURCES WHEN MODDING

I will be posting 1.15.2 modding tutorials on this channel. If you want to be notified of it do the normal YouTube stuff like subscribing, ect.

Forge and vanilla BlockState generator.

8 hours ago, Animefan8888 said:

Could you tell me what the parameter names for Biome.SpawnListEntry are, that may solve your problem.

As up^. Entity class, weight, min, max. But the problem occurs also for mobs from another mods so I am not sure if the problem is inside my biome class

Edited by Krevik

10 hours ago, Krevik said:

As up^. Entity class, weight, min, max. But the problem occurs also for mobs from another mods so I am not sure if the problem is inside my biome class

Try removing your BiomeDictionary registries.

• Like 1

I will be posting 1.15.2 modding tutorials on this channel. If you want to be notified of it do the normal YouTube stuff like subscribing, ect.

1 minute ago, Krevik said:

doesn't work :/ 

My last recommendation is to step through the mob spawning code with the debugger built into your IDE.

• Like 1

Did your code get executed the way you expected it to?

About Me

Spoiler

My Discord - Cadiboo#8887

My WebsiteCadiboo.github.io

My ModsCadiboo.github.io/projects

My TutorialsCadiboo.github.io/tutorials

Versions below 1.14.4 are no longer supported on this forum. Use the latest version to receive support.

When asking support remember to include all relevant log files (logs are found in .minecraft/logs/), code if applicable and screenshots if possible.

Only download mods from trusted sites like CurseForge (minecraft.curseforge.com). A list of bad sites can be found here, with more information available at stopmodreposts.org

Edit your own signature at www.minecraftforge.net/forum/settings/signature/ (Make sure to check its compatibility with the Dark Theme)

Did you follow the stacktrace back up and look at all the variables related to mob spawning frequency? (I’m thinking something like light & spawn chance)

About Me

Spoiler

My Discord - Cadiboo#8887

My WebsiteCadiboo.github.io

My ModsCadiboo.github.io/projects

My TutorialsCadiboo.github.io/tutorials

Versions below 1.14.4 are no longer supported on this forum. Use the latest version to receive support.

When asking support remember to include all relevant log files (logs are found in .minecraft/logs/), code if applicable and screenshots if possible.

Only download mods from trusted sites like CurseForge (minecraft.curseforge.com). A list of bad sites can be found here, with more information available at stopmodreposts.org

Edit your own signature at www.minecraftforge.net/forum/settings/signature/ (Make sure to check its compatibility with the Dark Theme)

53 minutes ago, Cadiboo said:

Did you follow the stacktrace back up and look at all the variables related to mob spawning frequency? (I’m thinking something like light & spawn chance)

Yea, but everything looks... normal.

EDIT: The spawn rate of monsters is especially big in dark places during the day so I guess there is something wrong with light?

Edited by Krevik

Fixed. For interested:

private static final int MONSTER_SPAWN_WEIGHT = 20;
@Override
public List<SpawnListEntry> getSpawnableList(EnumCreatureType creatureType) {
    if (creatureType == EnumCreatureType.MONSTER) {
        return random.nextInt(MONSTER_SPAWN_WEIGHT) == 0 ? this.spawnableMonsterList : Lists.newArrayList();
    }
    return super.getSpawnableList(creatureType);
}

in custom biome class.

Edited by Krevik