Error in console when using ClickEvent.Action.OPEN_FILE

AntiRix

Hi,

My code is as follows; when clicking the message in chat, I get the message below the code block. I've tried several methods on the File and can't get it to open it. Any ideas what might be causing this?

@SubscribeEvent
public void onScreenshot(ScreenshotEvent event)
{
	event.setResultMessage(new TextComponentString(""));

ITextComponent text = new TextComponentString("\u00a7a[ClientImprovements] Screenshot taken!");
	Style style = new Style();

style.setHoverEvent(new HoverEvent(HoverEvent.Action.SHOW_TEXT, new TextComponentString("\u00a7aOpen " + event.getScreenshotFile().getName())));
	style.setClickEvent(new ClickEvent(ClickEvent.Action.OPEN_FILE, event.getScreenshotFile().getAbsolutePath()));
	text.setStyle(style);

mc.player.sendMessage(new TextComponentString(""));
	mc.player.sendMessage(text);
}

[21:00:10] [main/ERROR] [minecraft/GuiScreen]: Couldn't open link: Failed to open file:/C:/Users/xxx/AppData/Roaming/.minecraft/screenshots/2018-11-01_21.00.08.png. Error message: A device attached to the system is not functioning.

I'm just in the habit of using those codes because usually I just use one-liners such as mc.player.sendMessage(new TextComponentString("...")); and don't declare the style

When I click the link in chat, the file exists because I can go to that path and open the file normally, but not through minecraft.

Edited by AntiRix

Very strange issue indeed - found a workaround. There's an issue opening files if mspaint is associated with .png files. Changing it to Photos works, but like all modern Windows apps, it's horribly slow.

https://bugs.mojang.com/browse/MC-31787?focusedCommentId=106111&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#comment-106111