[1.12.2] How to render a custom projectile?

Korlimann

Good evening everybody!

I'm trying to create a custom projectile, but I'm having trouble to get it to render.
As of now this is what my mod looks like

Right now, when left clicking the sword, the particles get generated behind the flying entity and when it hits something, the sound gets played, but the Entity itself doesn't render.

I suppose I did something wrong in the Render class for the Entity (and to be honest I haven't really understood how the Render classes work)
I'd be very happy if someone could push me in the right direction.

9 minutes ago, Korlimann said:

I suppose I did something wrong in the Render class for the Entity

Well, technically you didn't. You can't do something wrong if you don't do anything in the first place.

https://github.com/Korlimann/Epic-Swords/blob/master/src/main/java/com/korlimann/epic_swords/client/renderer/entity/RenderEntityTerraBladeProjectile.java#L36

Unless your repository is outdated your entity renderer does absolutely nothing apart from existing. You need to actually tell the game how to render your entity, it's not going to read your mind and magically work. You do have some code there, but it's commented out and thus isn't even compiled.

Edited by V0idWa1k3r

1 hour ago, V0idWa1k3r said:

Well, technically you didn't. You can't do something wrong if you don't do anything in the first place.

https://github.com/Korlimann/Epic-Swords/blob/master/src/main/java/com/korlimann/epic_swords/client/renderer/entity/RenderEntityTerraBladeProjectile.java#L36

Unless your repository is outdated your entity renderer does absolutely nothing apart from existing. You need to actually tell the game how to render your entity, it's not going to read your mind and magically work. You do have some code there, but it's commented out and thus isn't even compiled.

@V0idWa1k3r I commented it out since it did not work but I didn't want to throw it away, so I left it there. Sorry, I should've mentioned it.

Edited by Korlimann
typo