Modded server loading as vanilla server.

huskies709

So, me and my friends want to play some modded minecraft, but whenever we turn on the server it loads as a vanilla server. The mods work in singleplayer.

Latest log and server folder: https://imgur.com/a/oTWdTf8

Thank you!

EDIT: I did some work beforehand I forgot to post. Both the mod and forge are version 1.12.2, and I've tried the server version of pixelmon as well as the client version. Neither work.

Edited by huskies709

2 hours ago, diesieben07 said:

use the forge installer to create the server and not delete or rename any files that it creates.

Rerun the installer

About Me

Spoiler

My Discord - Cadiboo#8887

My WebsiteCadiboo.github.io

My ModsCadiboo.github.io/projects

My TutorialsCadiboo.github.io/tutorials

Versions below 1.14.4 are no longer supported on this forum. Use the latest version to receive support.

When asking support remember to include all relevant log files (logs are found in .minecraft/logs/), code if applicable and screenshots if possible.

Only download mods from trusted sites like CurseForge (minecraft.curseforge.com). A list of bad sites can be found here, with more information available at stopmodreposts.org

Edit your own signature at www.minecraftforge.net/forum/settings/signature/ (Make sure to check its compatibility with the Dark Theme)

1 hour ago, diesieben07 said:

Well.. you told it to install a server in .minecraft. So that's what it did, warning you that there is already stuff there.

Choose a different folder if you want your server to be created elsewhere.

I redownloaded it in a new folder and it still doesn't work. Another screenshot:https://imgur.com/a/bRfQkzI

New files appeared, which I thought was a good thing, but they didn't do anything.

7 minutes ago, diesieben07 said:

I assume start.bat is what you use to start the server. What does it do? It must launch the forge jar.

Oh my lord, I had start.bat running the minecraft.server jar. I can see in the console it's loading all the mods. You are a life saver.

• 1 year later...
  • 10 months later...
  • Guest locked this topic