forge 1.12.2 trouble

AvaBrz2020

I've downloaded forge on my old laptop and am now trying to get it on my current one, it is not working at all. I tried installing the recommend and latest forge and even reinstalled Minecraft, but nothing is working. I keep getting an error saying it cannot download because it is being used in another process already. I don't know what to do now. please help! The text below is the error I'm getting!

Unable to save download. 1.12.json
Name: 1.12.json
URL: https://launchermeta.mojang.com/v1/packages/1584b57c1a0b5e593fad1f5b8f78536ca640547b/1.12.json
Error details: Attempting to move successful download to C:/Users\avabr\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\assets\indexes/1.12.json
The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process
Filename on disk: e4f2-a54e-4cbd-f12f
Path: C:\Users\avabr\AppData\Local\Temp\e4f2-a54e-4cbd-f12f
Exists: file

Try rebooting, then deleting your 1.12 profile in the launcher and forge (if its there) then downloading 1.12 again through the launcher, CLOSE minecraft, Then try to install Forge. I think you were attempting to download or launch 1.12 and also the installer trying to use it.

Edited by DiamondMiner88

23 hours ago, diesieben07 said:

Try rebooting your computer.

Make sure to only run the launcher OR the installer, not both at the same time.

23 hours ago, DiamondMiner88 said:

Try rebooting, then deleting your 1.12 profile in the launcher and forge (if its there) then downloading 1.12 again through the launcher, CLOSE minecraft, Then try to install Forge. I think you were attempting to download or launch 1.12 and also the installer trying to use it.

I did this but now I got a different error message ugh, text below is a new error message 

Failed to download file. 1.12.2.jar
Name: 1.12.2.jar
URL: https://s3.amazonaws.com/Minecraft.Download/versions/1.12.2/1.12.2.jar
Error details: Request error -101: ERR_CONNECTION_RESET
Filename on disk: fb66-7dbc-9ebb-d374
Path: C:\Users\avabr\AppData\Local\Temp\fb66-7dbc-9ebb-d374

my newest error code after attempting to launch forge 1.12 again, I didn't make any changes from the last attempt...

Unable to save download. cave7.ogg
Name: cave7.ogg
URL: https://resources.download.minecraft.net/c8/c8dd60f7e7087da52a431c1dbc0f397317b374fb
Error details: Attempting to move successful download to C:/Users\avabr\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\assets\objects\c8/c8dd60f7e7087da52a431c1dbc0f397317b374fb
The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process
Filename on disk: d98e-cdcd-8ebf-97ad
Path: C:\Users\avabr\AppData\Local\Temp\d98e-cdcd-8ebf-97ad

Edited by AvaBrz2020
attempted to launch forge 1.12 again and got ANOTHER new error code