Block texture missing, while in hand it works correctly

Alex_Wells

Hey there. So I created a block, a blockstate for it, then two models and three textures. For itemBlock, and another item from the mod I used ModelLoader to manually set their model locations - so they are both shown correctly in inventories. However, when placed in the world, it has a missing texture (purple-black). Here's the block I'm talking about: https://github.com/autaut03/roomery/blob/master/src/main/java/net/alexwells/roomery/block/RoomHolderBlock.java

It's blockstate: https://github.com/autaut03/roomery/blob/master/src/main/resources/assets/roomery/blockstates/room_holder.json

Main model: https://github.com/autaut03/roomery/blob/master/src/main/resources/assets/roomery/models/block/room_holder.json

And textures: https://github.com/autaut03/roomery/tree/master/src/main/resources/assets/roomery/textures/blocks

I must have missed something in the documentation, but I can't get this to work. There are no errors or warning in the log. What could be the reason for that? Thanks regardless.

PS: model was taken from vanilla observer, and modified for my needs.

PS2: screenshot:

n9q4NMa.jpg

Edited by Alex_Wells

Please post your log, it should have a model loading error about this in it

About Me

Spoiler

My Discord - Cadiboo#8887

My WebsiteCadiboo.github.io

My ModsCadiboo.github.io/projects

My TutorialsCadiboo.github.io/tutorials

Versions below 1.14.4 are no longer supported on this forum. Use the latest version to receive support.

When asking support remember to include all relevant log files (logs are found in .minecraft/logs/), code if applicable and screenshots if possible.

Only download mods from trusted sites like CurseForge (minecraft.curseforge.com). A list of bad sites can be found here, with more information available at stopmodreposts.org

Edit your own signature at www.minecraftforge.net/forum/settings/signature/ (Make sure to check its compatibility with the Dark Theme)

I unded up debugging half of rendering code to find out what's the problem. Still not sure, but.. really? It got null while trying to find an exact same object (well, maybe not the same object, but with same properties, which shouldn't happen at all to my understanding of blockstates):

er98AGA.png

So there's nothing wrong with my assets, rather it is with my code or Forge. I doubt it is the latter, so.. could anyone please explain what the hell is happening?

Edited by Alex_Wells

I am an idiot. I've overwritten

getBlockState

instead of

createBlockState

in my block class. That's so stupid.. Okay then. I know whom to blame. If getBlockState wasn't protected (which was the reason I even noticed it),  I would have never guessed that.

Edited by Alex_Wells

Because obviously you'd only ever override protected methods.

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.