Noob updating to Forge 1.5.1

AssassinHero

Hey guys,

Considering I'm new to Java and this is my first update to a new version of minecraft

I am wondering what do I do to update my mod to the latest forge?

I have the new MCP and the new forge files but I want to know what to do and how to move my code over etc.

STOP CRUCIFYING NEW MODDERS!!!!

After You have installed the new forge, copy the folders and files You have created from your old version to

"newfogredirectory/mcp/src". Then run eclipse and start fixing errors - some functions have changed. Some may have only other names (in this case simply search&replace them), some require additional arguments (sometimes it sufficies to use regular expressions in search and replace - if You have problems creating regular expressions, You may use The regex coach - a freeware which helps a lot with it.) , and some require a little more work.

Just keep working until You get rid of all the errors, than try to run it and get rid of bugs, which may have been created.