error at entity registration

Drachenbauer

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have problems with the line:

git remote add origin <url to your github repository>

i tried it with and without the pointy braces around my url, but i get nothing or a syntax error...

git remote add origin <https://github.com/Drachenbauer/AngryBirdsMod>

git remote add origin https://github.com/Drachenbauer/AngryBirdsMod

Edited by Drachenbauer

I recommend using a git client. I recommended GitHub Desktop because it’s easy to use, eclipse and IntelliJ also have integrated clients. Other good clients are git kracken and source tree

About Me

Spoiler

My Discord - Cadiboo#8887

My WebsiteCadiboo.github.io

My ModsCadiboo.github.io/projects

My TutorialsCadiboo.github.io/tutorials

Versions below 1.14.4 are no longer supported on this forum. Use the latest version to receive support.

When asking support remember to include all relevant log files (logs are found in .minecraft/logs/), code if applicable and screenshots if possible.

Only download mods from trusted sites like CurseForge (minecraft.curseforge.com). A list of bad sites can be found here, with more information available at stopmodreposts.org

Edit your own signature at www.minecraftforge.net/forum/settings/signature/ (Make sure to check its compatibility with the Dark Theme)

git remote add origin https://github.com/Drachenbauer/AngryBirdsMod.git

2. Read: https://product.hubspot.com/blog/git-and-github-tutorial-for-beginners

Some tips:

Spoiler

Modder Support:

Spoiler

1. Do not follow tutorials on YouTube, especially TechnoVision (previously called Loremaster) and HarryTalks, due to their promotion of bad practice and usage of outdated code.

2. Always post your code.

3. Never copy and paste code. You won't learn anything from doing that.

Programming via Eclipse's hotfixes will get you nowhere

5. Learn to use your IDE, especially the debugger.

The "picture that's worth 1000 words" only works if there's an obvious problem or a freehand red circle around it.

Support & Bug Reports:

Spoiler

1. Read the EAQ before asking for help. Remember to provide the appropriate log(s).

2. Versions below 1.11 are no longer supported due to their age. Update to a modern version of Minecraft to receive support.

Spoiler

[18:15:45.242] [Client thread/WARN] [minecraft/EntityType]: No data fixer registered for entity angrybirdsmod.red
[18:15:45.251] [Client thread/WARN] [minecraft/EntityType]: No data fixer registered for entity angrybirdsmod.chuck
[18:15:45.260] [Client thread/WARN] [minecraft/EntityType]: No data fixer registered for entity angrybirdsmod.blues
[18:15:45.270] [Client thread/WARN] [minecraft/EntityType]: No data fixer registered for entity angrybirdsmod.bomb
[18:15:45.280] [Client thread/WARN] [minecraft/EntityType]: No data fixer registered for entity angrybirdsmod.mathilda

What does this mean?

what is a data fixer

Edited by Drachenbauer

LTNightshade posted this in another topic:

@ObjectHolder(nimox.ModId)
public class ModBlocks {

public static NonNullList<BlockBase> BLOCKS = NonNullList.create();

@ObjectHolder("test")
    public static final BlockTest BLOCK_TEST = null;

public static void register(RegistryEvent.Register<Block> blockRegistryEvent){
        // Create Instances and add to BLOCKS List.
        BLOCKS.add(new BlockTest());

// Registering all
        for(Block b : BLOCKS) {
            blockRegistryEvent.getRegistry().register(b);
        }
    }
}

it includes a

@ObjectHolder

at this place, too

as i used my RunClient.bat to run it instead of the button in the Eclipse-window, now i got the sparn-eggs look right, but they still spawn chickens. instead of my custom Angry Birds...

and i still get theese in the log:

[28Feb2019 19:02:02.667] [Client thread/WARN] [net.minecraft.entity.EntityType/]: No data fixer registered for entity angrybirdsmod.red
[28Feb2019 19:02:02.695] [Client thread/WARN] [net.minecraft.entity.EntityType/]: No data fixer registered for entity angrybirdsmod.chuck
[28Feb2019 19:02:02.718] [Client thread/WARN] [net.minecraft.entity.EntityType/]: No data fixer registered for entity angrybirdsmod.blues
[28Feb2019 19:02:02.749] [Client thread/WARN] [net.minecraft.entity.EntityType/]: No data fixer registered for entity angrybirdsmod.bomb
[28Feb2019 19:02:02.774] [Client thread/WARN] [net.minecraft.entity.EntityType/]: No data fixer registered for entity angrybirdsmod.mathilda

Edited by Drachenbauer

Have you considered using IntelliJ? Try setting up your workspace from scratch again. If you really can’t see them for some reason, you can always find everything about Forge at https://github.com/MinecraftForge/MinecraftForge

About Me

Spoiler

Versions below 1.14.4 are no longer supported on this forum. Use the latest version to receive support.

When asking support remember to include all relevant log files (logs are found in .minecraft/logs/), code if applicable and screenshots if possible.

Only download mods from trusted sites like CurseForge (minecraft.curseforge.com). A list of bad sites can be found here, with more information available at stopmodreposts.org

Edit your own signature at www.minecraftforge.net/forum/settings/signature/ (Make sure to check its compatibility with the Dark Theme)

the contents of the minecraft forge-link tell me, that i have to call it here:

private void clientRegistries(final FMLClientSetupEvent event)
    {
        RenderHandler.regigisterEntityRenders();
    }

but my entitys still look like chickens...

Edited by Drachenbauer

2 hours ago, diesieben07 said:

Please, for the love of god, learn to use the debugger.

You are not spawning chickens. You are spawning your entities, but they all extend EntityChicken. Since you register your entity renderers in the wrong place, they are ignored and the default (chicken) takes over.

Please also read the JavaDocs for the methods you use. RenderingRegistry.registerEntityRenderingHandler clearly explains when it must be called. You are not following these instructions.

There’s a dedicated registry event for registering renders. Use it

About Me

Spoiler

The Proxies in your mod are unnecessary, useless and unused. You should use object holder on your entity entries. I don't think that the FMLClientSetupEvent is the right place to register your renders. Other than pretty much everything else, I can't see anything wrong with your mod.

About Me

Spoiler

In the linked page it says this:

Call this during {@link net.minecraftforge.fml.event.lifecycle.FMLClientSetupEvent}.

Why you say it´s wrong?

And where must i call it instead?

And i don´t know, what´s wrong, because i´ve never seen the java-files-structure of a finished 1.13.2 mod with items, entities and blocks, that fully works right.

If i try to use objectholders, the log says:

[03Mär2019 15:05:26.188] [Client thread/WARN] [net.minecraftforge.registries.ObjectHolderRegistry/REGISTRIES]: Found an unqualified ObjectHolder annotation (mathilda) without a modid context at Lcom/drachenbauer32/angrybirdsmod/Main$RegistryEvents;.EggMathilda, ignoring

and it crashes.

I wonder, why only at the fifth entity, but not at the other four...

Edited by Drachenbauer