Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

[1.12.2] Allow modification of damage source in LivingAttackEvent

Meldexun

What’s the problem with that method? Does it not achieve the exact same thing?

About Me

Spoiler

My Discord - Cadiboo#8887

My WebsiteCadiboo.github.io

My ModsCadiboo.github.io/projects

My TutorialsCadiboo.github.io/tutorials

Versions below 1.14.4 are no longer supported on this forum. Use the latest version to receive support.

When asking support remember to include all relevant log files (logs are found in .minecraft/logs/), code if applicable and screenshots if possible.

Only download mods from trusted sites like CurseForge (minecraft.curseforge.com). A list of bad sites can be found here, with more information available at stopmodreposts.org

Edit your own signature at www.minecraftforge.net/forum/settings/signature/ (Make sure to check its compatibility with the Dark Theme)

Is there a problem with this method though? It seems to be that you’re doing the exact same thing as changing the damage source. If you feel it’s neccesary, Forge is open source and you can make a PR to add this feature. Because of the ability to already do something very similar, I think it would be unlikely to get accepted though

Edited by Cadiboo

About Me

Spoiler

Versions below 1.14.4 are no longer supported on this forum. Use the latest version to receive support.

When asking support remember to include all relevant log files (logs are found in .minecraft/logs/), code if applicable and screenshots if possible.

Only download mods from trusted sites like CurseForge (minecraft.curseforge.com). A list of bad sites can be found here, with more information available at stopmodreposts.org

Edit your own signature at www.minecraftforge.net/forum/settings/signature/ (Make sure to check its compatibility with the Dark Theme)

1 minute ago, Meldexun said:

it's a bit redundant

Welcome to Minecraft ?

About Me

Spoiler

11 minutes ago, Cadiboo said:

If you feel it’s neccesary, Forge is open source and you can make a PR to add this feature.

Your change to the event sounds useful, if you make a good use case, then there’s a good chance that it will be accepted.

Parts of minecraft are badly done, but there are mods to rectify this, and large parts of the engine are being rewritten (and some parts are being open/visible sourced) in 1.13+.

About Me

Spoiler

A PR or Pull Request is you writing the code for a feature you want, and it potentially getting accepted into Forge. https://mcforge.readthedocs.io/en/latest/forgedev/

About Me

Spoiler