Is Adfoc.us safe?

PulseBeat_02

1 hour ago, PulseBeat_02 said:

Hi, I was wondering if Adfoc.us is safe.

Yes, it is, as long as you don't click on the ads (which the owner of the file has no control over).

29 minutes ago, Billy Playz said:

(leading to 18+ ads being shown to young children

LexManos already informed adfoc about this situation, but has no direct control over it. Welcome to the internet.

Some tips:

Spoiler

Modder Support:

Spoiler

1. Do not follow tutorials on YouTube, especially TechnoVision (previously called Loremaster) and HarryTalks, due to their promotion of bad practice and usage of outdated code.

2. Always post your code.

3. Never copy and paste code. You won't learn anything from doing that.

Programming via Eclipse's hotfixes will get you nowhere

5. Learn to use your IDE, especially the debugger.

The "picture that's worth 1000 words" only works if there's an obvious problem or a freehand red circle around it.

Support & Bug Reports:

Spoiler

1. Read the EAQ before asking for help. Remember to provide the appropriate log(s).

2. Versions below 1.11 are no longer supported due to their age. Update to a modern version of Minecraft to receive support.

7 hours ago, DavidM said:

LexManos already informed adfoc about this situation, but has no direct control over it. Welcome to the internet.

The advertiser that was caught doing that has been banned from the entire Adfocus network.

We do not take those things lightly.

But back on to point, All ad services have risk. Ads always have risk. Adfocus is used by Forge as it is the most responsive and responsible about any issues that arise.

It contains the least malicious things as far as we can tell.

Obviously you'll still get ads with download buttons for "Software managers" that's just the nature of the beast.

If you don't like Adfocus on Forge. Consider supporting us on Patron. Until then, bills need to be paid.

I do Forge for free, however the servers to run it arn't free, so anything is appreciated.
Consider supporting the team on Patreon

• 1 year later...

I don't feel safe using the site. Even though chrome doesn't need an update, instead of showing me the download link for forge 1.14.4 like I've been trying to get, it takes me to a page saying chrome *might* be outdated and pops up a small window asking me to accept or decline an update download. anything I've read to help find a direct link to the forge installer is outdated or unsafe.

i will get myself a second malware security application just in case, cause I'd like to mod mc 1.14.4.

Edit: Ok, i did a lot more inspecting and due to how oblivious i was i missed a skip ad button that was at the very top right of my screen. clicking it gave me the direct download. the update popup was an ad.

Screenshot (9).png

Edited by Hcdfoxy
misinformation, problem resolved

• 4 months later...
On 3/4/2019 at 8:52 AM, PulseBeat_02 said:

Hi, I was wondering if Adfoc.us is safe. I head you can make some pretty good money from views and downloads for this site, but I also have heard that many people called this website a scam, because the company isn't paying for the links.

for minecraft forge and optifine, it is 100% safe and all you have to do is press skip at the top right after 6 seconds and it will download

This thread is pretty old, and I don't know why we are necroing it. I think the conclusion is that adfoc.us is very safe as long as you don't click on the ads and press skip on the top right corner. If a mod could close the thread they are more than welcome to.

Edited by PulseBeat_02