[SOLVED] Not loading resource domain

deerangle

I've set up my development environment with IntelliJ using Gradle and I followed this tutorial to create the project. It starts without any errors, but somehow none of my resources are being loaded into the game. I'm very sure this has nothing to do with misspelled resource locations. I ran my project in debug mode to find out that the Minecraft resource manager didn't even load my resource domain into the game (SimpleReloadableResourceManager#domainResourceManagers doesn't contain my resource domain).

This is my resources directory:

$ find .

./mcmod.info
./assets
./assets/examplemod
./assets/examplemod/test
./assets/examplemod/test/test.txt
./pack.mcmeta

And this code is supposed to load the resource (called directly from the FMLInitializationEvent)

:

ResourceLocation testLoc = new ResourceLocation(MODID, "test/test.txt");
InputStreamReader reader = new InputStreamReader(Minecraft.getMinecraft().getResourceManager().getResource(testLoc).getInputStream());
BufferedReader r = new BufferedReader(reader);
System.out.println(r.readLine());

The full error trace:

net.minecraftforge.fml.common.LoaderExceptionModCrash: Caught exception from Example Mod (examplemod)
Caused by: java.io.FileNotFoundException: examplemod:test/test.txt
	at net.minecraft.client.resources.SimpleReloadableResourceManager.getResource(SimpleReloadableResourceManager.java:69)
	at com.example.examplemod.ExampleMod.init(ExampleMod.java:36)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)
	at net.minecraftforge.fml.common.FMLModContainer.handleModStateEvent(FMLModContainer.java:626)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
	at com.google.common.eventbus.Subscriber.invokeSubscriberMethod(Subscriber.java:91)
	at com.google.common.eventbus.Subscriber$SynchronizedSubscriber.invokeSubscriberMethod(Subscriber.java:150)
	at com.google.common.eventbus.Subscriber$1.run(Subscriber.java:76)
	at com.google.common.util.concurrent.MoreExecutors$DirectExecutor.execute(MoreExecutors.java:399)
	at com.google.common.eventbus.Subscriber.dispatchEvent(Subscriber.java:71)
	at com.google.common.eventbus.Dispatcher$PerThreadQueuedDispatcher.dispatch(Dispatcher.java:116)
	at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.post(EventBus.java:217)
	at net.minecraftforge.fml.common.LoadController.sendEventToModContainer(LoadController.java:219)
	at net.minecraftforge.fml.common.LoadController.propogateStateMessage(LoadController.java:197)
	at com.google.common.eventbus.Subscriber.invokeSubscriberMethod(Subscriber.java:91)
	at com.google.common.eventbus.Subscriber$SynchronizedSubscriber.invokeSubscriberMethod(Subscriber.java:150)
	at com.google.common.eventbus.Subscriber$1.run(Subscriber.java:76)
	at com.google.common.util.concurrent.MoreExecutors$DirectExecutor.execute(MoreExecutors.java:399)
	at com.google.common.eventbus.Subscriber.dispatchEvent(Subscriber.java:71)
	at com.google.common.eventbus.Dispatcher$PerThreadQueuedDispatcher.dispatch(Dispatcher.java:116)
	at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.post(EventBus.java:217)
	at net.minecraftforge.fml.common.LoadController.distributeStateMessage(LoadController.java:136)
	at net.minecraftforge.fml.common.Loader.initializeMods(Loader.java:744)
	at net.minecraftforge.fml.client.FMLClientHandler.finishMinecraftLoading(FMLClientHandler.java:336)
	at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.init(Minecraft.java:582)
	at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(Minecraft.java:422)
	at net.minecraft.client.main.Main.main(Main.java:118)
	at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:135)
	at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:28)
	at net.minecraftforge.gradle.GradleStartCommon.launch(GradleStartCommon.java:97)
	at GradleStart.main(GradleStart.java:25)

I strongy suspect that something with my project setup is faulty, since this project is not much more than the default examplemod that comes with the MDK.

PS: just noticed this line in the logs, but I don't know what exactly it means: 

[11:42:54] [Client thread/INFO] [minecraft/SimpleReloadableResourceManager]: Reloading ResourceManager: Default, FMLFileResourcePack:Forge Mod Loader, FMLFileResourcePack:Minecraft Forge, FMLFileResourcePack:Example Mod

Edited by deerangle
solved this issue.

Please post your code as a GitHub repository. IMO testing your hypothesis by manually trying to load a text file probably isn’t the best. I would try to load a json or png file, and try to load it with and without the extension. Could just be me being superstitious about how minecraft’s resource manager loads file types though.  

About Me

Spoiler

My Discord - Cadiboo#8887

My WebsiteCadiboo.github.io

My ModsCadiboo.github.io/projects

My TutorialsCadiboo.github.io/tutorials

Versions below 1.14.4 are no longer supported on this forum. Use the latest version to receive support.

When asking support remember to include all relevant log files (logs are found in .minecraft/logs/), code if applicable and screenshots if possible.

Only download mods from trusted sites like CurseForge (minecraft.curseforge.com). A list of bad sites can be found here, with more information available at stopmodreposts.org

Edit your own signature at www.minecraftforge.net/forum/settings/signature/ (Make sure to check its compatibility with the Dark Theme)

Uploaded it to GitHub here. Through further debugging I found that the root location from where my the resource domain is loading the resources is at ./build/classes/main instead of ./build/resources for whatever reason. Manually moving my resources into the correct directory works, but is not a solution to the core problem at hand.

So I just found that my older projects (though using the same forge version) compiled my code and copied my resources to the classes/ directory. Now it generates my class files in build/classes/ and copies the resources to build/resources/. I don't see any kind of configuration for the build target location in the build.gradle file though. Can anyone tell me how I can fix this, and possibly even tell me where this error originates from?

Its an IntelliJ thing IIRC

Edited by Cadiboo

About Me

Spoiler

My Discord - Cadiboo#8887

My WebsiteCadiboo.github.io

My ModsCadiboo.github.io/projects

My TutorialsCadiboo.github.io/tutorials

Versions below 1.14.4 are no longer supported on this forum. Use the latest version to receive support.

When asking support remember to include all relevant log files (logs are found in .minecraft/logs/), code if applicable and screenshots if possible.

Only download mods from trusted sites like CurseForge (minecraft.curseforge.com). A list of bad sites can be found here, with more information available at stopmodreposts.org

Edit your own signature at www.minecraftforge.net/forum/settings/signature/ (Make sure to check its compatibility with the Dark Theme)