Changing a method

DarkNinja2462

You know methods are functions and not variables inn Java? I'm pretty sure you can't assign the a method to another one...

However you could replace a function with another one, or make the first function call the second function etc.

I guess that's what you actually want to do. Again as replied earlier if you want your mod to be compatible with other mods, don't edit base classes use reflection or other ways to achieve what you want to :)

And as stated earlier, depending on what you are trying to do by wanting to edit base classes, there might be easier workaround for whatever you want to do :)

If you guys dont get it.. then well ya.. try harder...

ah I see, well I'm not sure about any smart ways to do that. But didn't you already create your own stem and such? Since the code only generates normal pumpkins and not stems after all?

If you want to generate some stems and pumpkins you could create your own generation code and make it run in addition to the vanilla one?

I feel that I'm quite far away from my comfort zone, I haven't tried anything like it so I'd rather wait and see if some of the pro's inn here has the time to read and reply to this :) I'm sure there are some cleverer solutions to this than we'd come up with so far :) Meanwhile I guess one could read how the BiomeDecoration works and figure out how the pumpkin generation is called along with a events and such that is sent out, maybe it could bring some answers :)

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Announcements

• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.
    • As the title says i keep on crashing on forge 1.20.1 even without any mods downloaded, i have the latest drivers (nvidia) and vanilla minecraft works perfectly fine for me logs: https://pastebin.com/5UR01yG9
    • Hello everyone, I'm making this post to seek help for my modded block, It's a special block called FrozenBlock supposed to take the place of an old block, then after a set amount of ticks, it's supposed to revert its Block State, Entity, data... to the old block like this :  The problem I have is that the system breaks when handling multi blocks (I tried some fix but none of them worked) :  The bug I have identified is that the function "setOldBlockFields" in the item's "setFrozenBlock" function gets called once for the 1st block of multiblock getting frozen (as it should), but gets called a second time BEFORE creating the first FrozenBlock with the data of the 1st block, hence giving the same data to the two FrozenBlock :   Old Block Fields set BlockState : Block{minecraft:black_bed}[facing=east,occupied=false,part=head] BlockEntity : net.minecraft.world.level.block.entity.BedBlockEntity@73681674 BlockEntityData : id:"minecraft:bed",x:3,y:-60,z:-6} Old Block Fields set BlockState : Block{minecraft:black_bed}[facing=east,occupied=false,part=foot] BlockEntity : net.minecraft.world.level.block.entity.BedBlockEntity@6d1aa3da BlockEntityData : {id:"minecraft:bed",x:2,y:-60,z:-6} Frozen Block Entity set BlockState : Block{minecraft:black_bed}[facing=east,occupied=false,part=foot] BlockPos{x=3, y=-60, z=-6} BlockEntity : net.minecraft.world.level.block.entity.BedBlockEntity@6d1aa3da BlockEntityData : {id:"minecraft:bed",x:2,y:-60,z:-6} Frozen Block Entity set BlockState : Block{minecraft:black_bed}[facing=east,occupied=false,part=foot] BlockPos{x=2, y=-60, z=-6} BlockEntity : net.minecraft.world.level.block.entity.BedBlockEntity@6d1aa3da BlockEntityData : {id:"minecraft:bed",x:2,y:-60,z:-6} here is the code inside my custom "freeze" item :    @Override     public @NotNull InteractionResult useOn(@NotNull UseOnContext pContext) {         if (!pContext.getLevel().isClientSide() && pContext.getHand() == InteractionHand.MAIN_HAND) {             BlockPos blockPos = pContext.getClickedPos();             BlockPos secondBlockPos = getMultiblockPos(blockPos, pContext.getLevel().getBlockState(blockPos));             if (secondBlockPos != null) {                 createFrozenBlock(pContext, secondBlockPos);             }             createFrozenBlock(pContext, blockPos);             return InteractionResult.SUCCESS;         }         return super.useOn(pContext);     }     public static void createFrozenBlock(UseOnContext pContext, BlockPos blockPos) {         BlockState oldState = pContext.getLevel().getBlockState(blockPos);         BlockEntity oldBlockEntity = oldState.hasBlockEntity() ? pContext.getLevel().getBlockEntity(blockPos) : null;         CompoundTag oldBlockEntityData = oldState.hasBlockEntity() ? oldBlockEntity.serializeNBT() : null;         if (oldBlockEntity != null) {             pContext.getLevel().removeBlockEntity(blockPos);         }         BlockState FrozenBlock = setFrozenBlock(oldState, oldBlockEntity, oldBlockEntityData);         pContext.getLevel().setBlockAndUpdate(blockPos, FrozenBlock);     }     public static BlockState setFrozenBlock(BlockState blockState, @Nullable BlockEntity blockEntity, @Nullable CompoundTag blockEntityData) {         BlockState FrozenBlock = BlockRegister.FROZEN_BLOCK.get().defaultBlockState();         ((FrozenBlock) FrozenBlock.getBlock()).setOldBlockFields(blockState, blockEntity, blockEntityData);         return FrozenBlock;     }  
    • It is an issue with quark - update it to this build: https://www.curseforge.com/minecraft/mc-mods/quark/files/3642325
    • Remove Instant Massive Structures Mod from your server     Add new crash-reports with sites like https://paste.ee/  
  • Topics

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.