Problems with gradle extraction

Alchemyst

So I'm looking to get into modding, and I'm following this tutorial . It's going fine at first, but when I try to decompile minecraft in step 4, everything goes to Nether. The build fails, I try and install JDK; it can't find JDK, I spend another hour figuring out and fixing the JAVA_HOME variable. When all this breaks things even further so that '.\gradlew tasks' fails before I can even get to decompiling, I have to manually uninstall and update gradle, and then edit it so that it calls the current wrapper rather than 2.0 after that. Now I'm stuck with this:

PS C:\Users\steph\eclipse-workspace\forge-1.7.10-10.13.4.1558-1.7.10-src> .\gradlew tasks
Downloading https://services.gradle.org/distributions/gradle-5.4-bin.zip

......................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Unzipping C:\Users\steph\.gradle\wrapper\dists\gradle-5.4-bin\2oqks1i27dtjunnejbfe1qnrpt\gradle-5.4-bin.zip to C:\Users\steph\.gradle\wrapper\dists\gradle-5.4-bin\2oqks1i27dtjunnejbfe1qnrpt

FAILURE: Build failed with an exception.

* Where:
Build file 'C:\Users\steph\eclipse-workspace\forge-1.7.10-10.13.4.1558-1.7.10-src\build.gradle' line: 18

* What went wrong:
A problem occurred evaluating root project 'forge-1.7.10-10.13.4.1558-1.7.10-src'.
> Failed to apply plugin [id 'forge']
   > Could not create task ':reobf'.
      > Could not create task of type 'ReobfTask'.
         > org.gradle.api.tasks.TaskInputs.files([Ljava/lang/Object;)Lorg/gradle/api/tasks/TaskInputs;

* Try:
Run with --stacktrace option to get the stack trace. Run with --info or --debug option to get more log output. Run with --scan to get full insights.

* Get more help at https://help.gradle.org

BUILD FAILED in 56s

And I'm officially stumped at this point. Any ideas as to what I could be doing wrong?

• Guest locked this topic