Mod working for single player only

Holzmann

Hi folks,

as this is my first simple mod, I just added a shapeless recipe to see how it works. The recipe involves only already known items. I am using the latest version of minecraft and forge.

Following the tutorial I decorated the proxy declaration as follows:

"@NetworkMod(clientSideRequired=true, serverSideRequired=false)" for my mod-class

and

"@SidedProxy(clientSide="tutorial.generic.client.ClientProxy", serverSide="tutorial.generic.CommonProxy")"

for the proxy instance.

The mod gets loaded and the recipe is working for single players.

When it comes to multiplayer mode, the recipe seems to be still known in terms of displaying the exchange while crafting (e.g. one dirt for 64 emeralds). I just can not drag the result off the workbench to add it to my inventory.

What could be wrong?

Thanks in advance!

Holger

Hi,

you are great!

It is working now...

I was using the minecraft_server.exe and was not aware of an additional jar-File. The tutorial on mod-installation I read did not mention the installation for multiplayer-mode.

Now I start the server from command line using the modified minecraft_server.jar and everything is cool :-)

Thanks a lot!

Danke  :-)))