Forge will not install

I've tried so many times to Install 14.23.5 for my new mods but it absolutely WILL NOT install and i dont know why? i've deleted all my forge things and re-installed, i've tried many tutorials, i've gone through the install client many times and yet it still does not come up with 14.23.5 

please help it's stressing me out so much

Did it say it "Successfully Installed" when you run the installer?

If it did then go to the "Launch Options" tab in the launcher, click "Add New", click the version drop down menu, and select the forge version you wanted (sometimes it's all the way down the bottom). It should show if it installed correctly. Name it and click save, go to the "News" tab and click the up arrow, scroll and select the version that's named whatever you named it.

Edited by JustAqua

20 minutes ago, BeastBeedix said:

i tried that but it just crashes it if i try to open it

Did it say anything specific, does it even open the minecraft window, or does the launcher just disappear and reappear?

Sorry just trying to understand what's actually happening haha

2 minutes ago, JustAqua said:

Did it say anything specific, does it even open the minecraft window, or does the launcher just disappear and reappear?

Sorry just trying to understand what's actually happening haha

i can get the launcher up, but if i select play, it loads then gives me the crash error

There are things you can try.

1. Make sure the latest version of java is installed

2. Check that you have all of the correct dependencies for all of the mods that you put in your mods folder in .minecraft (You can check this by going to the Curseforge page for each mod and clicking relations.

3. Try removing one of the mods you recently added after it was working (assuming it used to work) and repeat until it works.

I would say post your crash log but since I have no real experience with logs, I don't understand them myself, I may be able to see a pattern but just try those things first.

I'll have a look at the log in the meantime if you post it.

Just now, JustAqua said:

There are things you can try.

1. Make sure the latest version of java is installed

2. Check that you have all of the correct dependencies for all of the mods that you put in your mods folder in .minecraft (You can check this by going to the Curseforge page for each mod and clicking relations.

3. Try removing one of the mods you recently added after it was working (assuming it used to work) and repeat until it works.

I would say post your crash log but since I have no real experience with logs, I don't understand them myself, I may be able to see a pattern but just try those things first.

I'll have a look at the log in the meantime if you post it.

ok i'll try thanks

What launcher are you using? Please post a screenshot.

Please read the EAQ and post the appropriate log(s).

Edited by DavidM

Some tips:

Spoiler

Modder Support:

Spoiler

1. Do not follow tutorials on YouTube, especially TechnoVision (previously called Loremaster) and HarryTalks, due to their promotion of bad practice and usage of outdated code.

2. Always post your code.

3. Never copy and paste code. You won't learn anything from doing that.

Programming via Eclipse's hotfixes will get you nowhere

5. Learn to use your IDE, especially the debugger.

The "picture that's worth 1000 words" only works if there's an obvious problem or a freehand red circle around it.

Support & Bug Reports:

Spoiler

1. Read the EAQ before asking for help. Remember to provide the appropriate log(s).

2. Versions below 1.11 are no longer supported due to their age. Update to a modern version of Minecraft to receive support.