Overwrite a registry entry

PlanetTeamSpeak

On 1.11 when subscribing to a RegistryEvent#Registry<Block> and registering a block with name minecraft:ice, it throws an exception to the console saying that two objects have been registered with the same name while on 1.12 it just overwrites the already existing entry. How can I overwrite a registry entry on 1.11?

2 hours ago, diesieben07 said:

It does not work properly on 1.11 as far as I know. Don't encourage people to stay on outdated versions... 

i tried overwriting the farmland block in 1.13.2 with the result of an runtime exception - illegal vanilla overwrite or smth like that, changed my code since then don't remember exactly

35 minutes ago, Yamahari said:

i tried overwriting the farmland block in 1.13.2 with the result of an runtime exception - illegal vanilla overwrite or smth like that, changed my code since then don't remember exactly

On 1.12, and I suppose higher as well, it works by just registering a block or item with an already existing name. On 1.11 however, that is not the case.