I'd like to contribute to branch 1.14.X, but I need help.

Kingx2000

Hello World!

This is my first post here and I'd like some help on setting up my intelliJ environment. Forge Github <-- I've cloned this branch repository and added the files from the output.zip in the setupMCP folder into the generated/java folder within the "Forge" project. I then added this folder to the java resources path in the root build.gradle file. Most of the minecraft resources appear to have been filled in for me, but I'm at a loss. Many lambdas, methods, interfaces, etc are still missing references or are miss named. I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong in setting up the environment.

I'd like to begin contributing and any help on getting started would be much appreciated.

Thank you.

Edited by Kingx2000

Why I didn't think to just run 

> ./gradlew setup

is beyond me. 

"Open the “forge” project tree, select “Tasks”, then “forgegradle” and right click the “Create Forge [setup]” option"

That line in the contribution documentation lead me astray. There is no forge gradle option in my project tree. Nor is there a Create Forge [setup] task. 

But thank you. Now I can start contributing.