Why is my 1.12.2 server installation not working?

FoxytheDJ2

I think im doing everything right. this is 2019 btw and version 1.12.2

Heres what im doing. After selecting "Run as administrator" for Forge 1.12.2, I select "Install Server". however, after forge adds everything into my server folder,

the

and yes, i installed client already

HELP ME PLEASE      :(

Edited by FoxytheDJ2

1 minute ago, FoxytheDJ2 said:

so i select run as administrator for forge. i do install server and make a folder for it.but the things in that folder are not .jar folders. instead, they r that like internet explorer thingy. Help me please!

Do you get any error from the installer? What installer are you using? Show us the folders contents with a screenshot.

VANILLA MINECRAFT CLASSES ARE THE BEST RESOURCES WHEN MODDING

I will be posting 1.15.2 modding tutorials on this channel. If you want to be notified of it do the normal YouTube stuff like subscribing, ect.

Forge and vanilla BlockState generator.

Just now, FoxytheDJ2 said:

Amie fan????? where did you go?????

I didn't go anywhere really, but if you want me to be notified of your response quote me or @ me.

2 minutes ago, FoxytheDJ2 said:

my forgi.PNG

Don't use the windows installer.

2 minutes ago, FoxytheDJ2 said:

bruh.PNG

Look to the right of the file names. They are jar files. You just for some reason have it set up so jar files are opened with internet explorer...Maybe you don't have Java installed on your computer.

I will be posting 1.15.2 modding tutorials on this channel. If you want to be notified of it do the normal YouTube stuff like subscribing, ect.

6 minutes ago, FoxytheDJ2 said:

ok wait its still not working im double clicking minecraft_server.1.12.2 and it brings up a "do you want this app ti make changes with your device?" message and i say yes, but it says there was an error

Post the error. And you are supposed to run the forge jar file that is generated.