Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

1.14.4 modify grindstone

OsHeaven

That sounds like a job for recipe JSON data files

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.

Invalid or unsupported recipe type 'minecraft:grindstone' or 'minecraft:grinding' and valid items are setted in the constructor of the GrindstoneContainer with the added Slots... any other ideas?

Edited by OsHeaven

Huh?

10 hours ago, OsHeaven said:

valid items are setted in the constructor

No they're not. They're read from data files.

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

9 minutes ago, Draco18s said:

No they're not. They're read from data files.

The grindstone is the new block that removes enchantments in return gives experience. Which is not read from json. It also does repairs I think.

VANILLA MINECRAFT CLASSES ARE THE BEST RESOURCES WHEN MODDING

I will be posting 1.15.2 modding tutorials on this channel. If you want to be notified of it do the normal YouTube stuff like subscribing, ect.

Forge and vanilla BlockState generator.

10 minutes ago, Animefan8888 said:

The grindstone is the new block that removes enchantments in return gives experience. Which is not read from json. It also does repairs I think.

Sorry I was thinking of the stone cutter.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thanks for your reply! I have done it using data generation now. It works well for world generation, and I have realised that I don't care about saplings, so it works well. For anyone looking to do something similar, I include files to show what I did. They are just a bit hacky and incomplete now, but they can probably easily be generalised.   import static net.anju.larus.data.ResourceLocationUtil.prefix; import static net.anju.larus.data.ResourceLocationUtil.slash; @MethodsReturnNonnullByDefault @ParametersAreNonnullByDefault public abstract class LarusFeatureProvider<T> implements DataProvider { private static final Gson GSON = new GsonBuilder().setPrettyPrinting().disableHtmlEscaping().create(); protected final Set<FeatureEntry> featureEntries = new HashSet<>(); private final DataGenerator generator; protected LarusFeatureProvider(DataGenerator generator, Registry<T> registry) { this.generator = generator; for (Map.Entry<ResourceKey<T>, T> entry : registry.entrySet()) { ResourceKey<T> key = entry.getKey(); T feature = entry.getValue(); JsonElement jsonElement = getJson(feature); if (jsonElement != null) { FeatureEntry featureEntry = new FeatureEntry(prefix(key.location(), key.getRegistryName()), jsonElement); featureEntries.add(featureEntry); } } } private void addFeatures() { for (FeatureEntry featureEntry : featureEntries) { modifyFeatureEntry(featureEntry); } } protected abstract void modifyFeatureEntry(FeatureEntry featureEntry); @Override public void run(HashCache cache) { addFeatures(); writeFiles(cache, this.generator.getOutputFolder(), featureEntries); } // Actually write out the tables in the output folder private static void writeFiles(HashCache cache, Path outputFolder, Set<FeatureEntry> featureEntries) { for (FeatureEntry featureEntry : featureEntries) { if (featureEntry.isModified()) { ResourceLocation key = featureEntry.resourceLocation; JsonElement jsonElement = featureEntry.jsonElement; Path path = getPath(outputFolder, key); try { DataProvider.save(GSON, cache, jsonElement, path); } catch (IOException e) { LarusMod.LOGGER.error("Couldn't write data {}", key, e); } } } } @Override public String getName() { return "Larus features"; } @Nullable public JsonElement getJson(T feature) { if (feature instanceof ConfiguredFeature<?, ?> configuredFeature) { Optional<JsonElement> optional = ConfiguredFeature.DIRECT_CODEC.encodeStart(JsonOps.INSTANCE, configuredFeature).result(); return optional.orElse(null); } return null; } public static Path getPath(Path outputFolder, ResourceLocation key) { return outputFolder.resolve("data/" + slash(key) + ".json"); } protected static class FeatureEntry { boolean modified = false; private final ResourceLocation resourceLocation; private final JsonElement jsonElement; private FeatureEntry(ResourceLocation resourceLocation, JsonElement jsonElement) { this.resourceLocation = resourceLocation; this.jsonElement = jsonElement; } public JsonElement getJsonElement() { return jsonElement; } protected void markModified() { this.modified = true; } private boolean isModified() { return this.modified; } } } public class LarusLeavesFeatureProvider extends LarusFeatureProvider<ConfiguredFeature<?, ?>> { public LarusLeavesFeatureProvider(DataGenerator generator) { super(generator, BuiltinRegistries.CONFIGURED_FEATURE); } @Override protected void modifyFeatureEntry(FeatureEntry featureEntry) { JsonElement jsonElement = featureEntry.getJsonElement(); if (jsonElement.isJsonObject()) { JsonObject jsonObject = jsonElement.getAsJsonObject(); if (jsonObject.has("config")) { JsonObject config = jsonObject.get("config").getAsJsonObject(); if (config.has("foliage_provider")) { JsonObject mcFoliage = config.get("foliage_provider").getAsJsonObject(); JsonObject larusFoliage = larusFoliage(mcFoliage); if (larusFoliage != null) { config.add("foliage_provider", larusFoliage); featureEntry.markModified(); } } } } } @Nullable protected JsonObject larusFoliage(JsonObject mcFoliage) { JsonElement type = mcFoliage.get("type"); if (type.getAsString().equals("minecraft:simple_state_provider")) { JsonObject state = mcFoliage.get("state").getAsJsonObject(); // Change leaves String mcLeaves = state.get("Name").getAsString(); LarusLeavesBlock larusLeavesBlock = larusLeavesBlock(mcLeaves); if (larusLeavesBlock == null || larusLeavesBlock.getRegistryName() == null) return null; String larusLeaves = larusLeavesBlock.getRegistryName().toString(); state.add("Name", new JsonPrimitive(larusLeaves)); // Transform properties JsonObject mcProperties = state.get("Properties").getAsJsonObject(); transformProperties(mcProperties, larusLeavesBlock); } else { LarusMod.LOGGER.warn("Unexpected type for MC foliage " + mcFoliage); } return mcFoliage; } protected void transformProperties(JsonObject properties, LarusLeavesBlock larusLeavesBlock) { if (larusLeavesBlock instanceof LarusDeciduousLeavesBlock) properties.add("leafy", new JsonPrimitive("green")); } @Nullable protected LarusLeavesBlock larusLeavesBlock(String mcLeaves) { switch (mcLeaves) { case "minecraft:oak_leaves" -> { return LarusBlocks.OAK_LEAVES.get(); } case "minecraft:birch_leaves" -> { return LarusBlocks.BIRCH_LEAVES.get(); } case "minecraft:acacia_leaves" -> { return LarusBlocks.ACACIA_LEAVES.get(); } case "minecraft:jungle_leaves" -> { return LarusBlocks.JUNGLE_LEAVES.get(); } case "minecraft:dark_oak_leaves" -> { return LarusBlocks.DARK_OAK_LEAVES.get(); } case "minecraft:spruce_leaves" -> { return LarusBlocks.SPRUCE_LEAVES.get(); } } return null; } }  
    • the reason for that is the PlayerModel positions and rotations are set after the RenderPlayerEvent.Pre is fired change to Event to RenderPlayerEvent.Post
    • you can use BiomeLoadingEvent, loop through the Features you get from the Event and remove the Feature if it's the AmethystGeode Feature
  • Topics

• Who's Online (See full list)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy.