1.14.4 Resistance and Hardness Values

Umpaz

I'm currently trying to make a block with the same hardness and resistance as a block of emerald. I am using hardnessAndResistance(5f, 10f) and the hardness works but it seems to be more blast resistant than an emerald block in testing.

8 minutes ago, Umpaz said:

I'm currently trying to make a block with the same hardness and resistance as a block of emerald. I am using hardnessAndResistance(5f, 10f) and the hardness works but it seems to be more blast resistant than an emerald block in testing.

The emerald block has a resistance of 6.

VANILLA MINECRAFT CLASSES ARE THE BEST RESOURCES WHEN MODDING

I will be posting 1.15.2 modding tutorials on this channel. If you want to be notified of it do the normal YouTube stuff like subscribing, ect.

Forge and vanilla BlockState generator.

Just now, Umpaz said:

Also what does the f mean? I'm new to coding and I'm wondering why should I put the f after the values?

You should learn how to code and learn Java before you make a mod. This is not a Java forum this is a Forge forum.

I will be posting 1.15.2 modding tutorials on this channel. If you want to be notified of it do the normal YouTube stuff like subscribing, ect.

4 minutes ago, Umpaz said:

But why 6?

Because that is the value Mojang decided to set for the emerald block. I'm not quite sure what you are asking.

6 minutes ago, Umpaz said:

On the minecraft wiki the value for resistance is shown as 30. I'm wondering how that translates over to 6.

The wiki is wrong/outdated.

1 minute ago, Umpaz said:

Is there a list of the updated resistances?

Look at the Blocks class it has all of the Block fields.

• 2 years later...
  • Guest locked this topic