Not loading textures (1.12.2)

Supergoed1

6 minutes ago, Supergoed1 said:

For the past few hours i've been trying to get a simple item to work. The item works and the model file loads but the texture just doesn't appear.

Source Code: https://github.com/Supergoed1/RandomMod

This is a no no you aren't applying the model to the item you registered the item the game knows exists.

This is also incorrect. You dont need to do item/ironstick. Just itemstick.

You should also not create items or any registry type in a static manner. Instead use the ObjectHolder annotation which you can read about on the forge documentation website.

Finally CommonProxy is stupid common code can go anywhere replace it with an interface called IProxy or Proxy if you dont like the I prefix.

VANILLA MINECRAFT CLASSES ARE THE BEST RESOURCES WHEN MODDING

I will be posting 1.15.2 modding tutorials on this channel. If you want to be notified of it do the normal YouTube stuff like subscribing, ect.

Forge and vanilla BlockState generator.

17 hours ago, Animefan8888 said:

This is a no no you aren't applying the model to the item you registered the item the game knows exists.

This is also incorrect. You dont need to do item/ironstick. Just itemstick.

You should also not create items or any registry type in a static manner. Instead use the ObjectHolder annotation which you can read about on the forge documentation website.

Finally CommonProxy is stupid common code can go anywhere replace it with an interface called IProxy or Proxy if you dont like the I prefix.

Did the first 3 things problem solved. I only don't understand what the big problem is with using a CommonProxy.

13 hours ago, Supergoed1 said:

I only don't understand what the big problem is with using a CommonProxy.

A proxy is a place to put code when it only happens on one of the Sides Client or Server. A CommonProxy is stupid because your main mod class is common, almost every class file you have is a place common code resides. Therefore it makes no sense to have a CommonProxy. You use your proxy classes to run code meant for one side in a common area. So your parent file for both of them can and should be an interface.

VANILLA MINECRAFT CLASSES ARE THE BEST RESOURCES WHEN MODDING

I will be posting 1.15.2 modding tutorials on this channel. If you want to be notified of it do the normal YouTube stuff like subscribing, ect.

Forge and vanilla BlockState generator.