Version 1.14.4 crashes upon start up (Fixed)

Wolfieskies25

I haven't touched the game in a while other than my brother playing it, but today, he came to me telling it was suddenly having a crashing issue. When I tried it for myself, this is the error I got:

"ERROR   Game crashed   An unexpected issue occurred and the game has crashed. We’re sorry for the inconvenience."

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the latest 1.14.4 version of Forge via the installer to see if that would fix it, but it didn't work. Next, i removed all the mods from my mods folder to see if a mod was conflicting, but even with no mods in the folder, it continued to crash. All mods match the game version, and gave me no trouble until now. The mods I am using are:

image.png.dcb737403c17668d237c81a72df0cb9a.png

And here is the link to the paste I made of the error I get in my logs: https://pastebin.com/08HFdyg3

I browsed a few pages of the bug reports as well as on youtube in hopes of finding a fix, but no luck. I have not yet tried reinstalling minecraft, and I'd really rather try not to if I can help it as to not lose my worlds. Help???

Edited by Wolfieskies25
Problem Solved!

1.14.4-forge-28.0.45

Either I'm blind/stupid or something is terribly wrong here, but in your logs it says .45.

Where are you getting Forge from? Please post the URL

6 minutes ago, Cornspies said:

Either I'm blind/stupid or something is terribly wrong here, but in your logs it says .45.

Where are you getting Forge from? Please post the URL

Oh man I looked and noticed that too now, that's definitely not right: on my MC launcher it says I am running 28.0.55!

I am getting the downloads from the official site, here https://files.minecraftforge.net/maven/net/minecraftforge/forge/index_1.14.4.html

Edit: I looked in the libraries folder of MC and found a stray .45 file. However, I deleted it, and it STILL crashes, even though it's saying it's the latest version on the top lines. Now I'm really getting concerned. https://pastebin.com/EL1tCB0p

Edited by Wolfieskies25
I looked in the libraries folder of MC and found a stray .45 file. However, I deleted it, and it STILL crashes

19 hours ago, diesieben07 said:

Before you do anything else: The file names of most of your mods suggest you downloaded them from illegal third-party sites.

Check out StopModReposts on why this is a problem and obtain your mods properly before continuing.

After that: Delete config/fml.toml.

Alright, I'll start working on that now. In the meantime, for clarification, I get all my mods from 9minecraft, so that is a thirdparty site?

Edit: Downloaded the mods again through curseforge, but I can't find a config/fml.toml? I used a full computer search for it too, nothing showed up.

Edit2: Nvm, found it and deleted it, and IT WORKED! It finally launched just fine! Thank you so much, you guys are a life saver.

Edited by Wolfieskies25
Problem Solved!

22 minutes ago, Wolfieskies25 said:

Oh dang, I didn't know about that until now. Thank you very much for telling me, I'll definitely stop visiting and downloading from that site.

A good rule of thumb, any website that throws a random number in front of a product name is probably shifty :)