[SOLVED] [1.12.2] Animation State Machine won't stop

Autodidax

Hi all,

in this thread I got awesome help regarding my first steps with animations 

Now nearly everything works fine, you can watch my repo here: https://github.com/Autodidax86/demoncycle/

BUT.... my machine won't stop. The ASM does not react to a transition call, the spinning wheel rotates and rotates and rotates and rotates... 

Changing the start_state to default works, but it is the same problem. Rotation does not start.

Do you have an idea what I am doing wrong? I feel like i am very close to finish my spinning wheel :)

Thanks in advance

Autodidax

Edited by Autodidax
problem solved

Hey Autodidax,

I just cloned your GitHub repository in my local testing environment to check if my assumption about your error is correct ... And is it ?

Your problem is just a simple Server / Client - desync:

Your TileEntitySpinningWheel.update is only running on the Server

-> TileEntitySpinningWheel.SwitchAnimationState gets only called on the Server as well.

The solution would be to send a packet to all clients when ever the state is changed

-> This packet will then change the state on the client as well.

If you need any information about packet handling, take a look at the forge documentation: SimpleImpl

You can also take a look at my testing packet if you want to: PacketSpinningWheelSwitchState

Nice Greetings

TechMage

• Thanks 1