• Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

• I wanted to update a little mod that I made. In 1.16.2 all classes are present, but in 1.16.3 seems that some classes are missing, like the most part of the event bus. Could it be a mistake by me that classes like IEventBus and SubscribeEvent aren't present? Or is the MDK incomplete? I would like to get an answer so I can update my mod, thanks!
    • Here's my dumb rotation diagram idea: I don't know how long this thing will take me and I don't even think I'll finish it. If it requires a good PC, then that's fine because the mod is just for me and my friends anyways. I'll just do some research on displaying a value on the F3 screen
    • It too me a year to make a standard mod that did things that Minecraft and Forge already supported. You're doing something that requires completely rewriting whole swaths of the codebase to do something it doesn't already do.   No. No it will not. Minecraft's world generation system is not in any way set up to handle 4D terrain in a sensible manner. Yes it is "just cubes" but no, there is not some "easy to write" code that will do what you want. And you're going to need to write that code yourself.
    • Since it's 4D projected into 3D, the entire area of generation won't be projected at once, so the load will maybe be more than twice, but not as much as you would think.  I didn't say, making the mod would take a few weeks. It could take a year. All I'm saying is Miegakure was a useful resource in making the mod concept. Also, a lot of the time making Miegakure was probably spent on the levels and their 4D counterparts, especially since everything is those levels were made from scratch, while Minecraft should do it instantly. Also, in Miegakure, objects aren't blocks, they're 3d models. Blocks are a lot easier to work with when switching between 4 dimensions because (with enough time) you could possibly make some algorithm that finds different planes around a changing block to deform accordingly.  As for the rotation, I have an idea to have all of the axes visible, as well as the W, but that's not important right now.    I'm not sure if this is possible, which is one of the reasons I asked this question here in the first place. 
    • I don't think you understand the math involved here.   Area of a circle: πr^2 Volume of a sphere: 4/3 πr^3   Plugging "5" in as our chunk radius... Circe: 78 Sphere: 523   And I know what Miegakure is, and they've been working on it for literally decades, you're not going to achieve something similar in Minecraft in only a few weeks. Especially if you want to let the player rotate their view in such a way to swap one of X/Z for W.   I also don't know how you're going to generate "the same world, but actually not" because that's not how Minecraft seeds work. Even the Miegakure folks don't have a 4D model editor.
  • Topics

• Who's Online (See full list)