Install Forge Offline

MATR1X

Please, could you add the possibility that all the resources and libraries that you need forge for minecraft were already present inside the installer for the mods to run and work without having to connect to the internet to download the libraries?

It would be very useful if they did, thanks in advance

Just now, diesieben07 said:

The installer needs to download stuff made by Mojang. Shipping this inside the installer would violate copyright and is not possible.

Ok, is there any way to install forge offline or update an existing version also offline?

I have the 1.12.2 but I need to update forge to use some mods, it would be great a guide on how to update forge offline or how to install it offline, either option would appreciate it.

Just now, diesieben07 said:

You are writing on this forum, so you do have some form of internet access. Why is that not usable to install Forge?

Because I am from a work center where internet connection is used through a proxy and I can only use the browser and some other applications that have function to connect through a proxy.

Also in Cuba the internet is very limited and it is necessary to go to navigation rooms to access the internet and on the PCs that are usually used for that, they may not have the administrator or folder permissions that prevent access to the .minecraft folder.

In addition I would be very comfortable a method to install offline because in my house I don't have internet.

If you install Forge once, then you can usually get away with updating it again 'offline' because the installer does contain the main Forge jars.

However if any libraries change, then you need internet to get them.

Not only does this save duplication of a lot of data in every installer, but in the case of Minecraft itself, a lot of legal hassle.

You can however just move those needed libraries from a computer you own that has them to another.

The installer is smart enough to check if they exist before trying to download them.

I do Forge for free, however the servers to run it arn't free, so anything is appreciated.
Consider supporting the team on Patreon