[Solved] -> 1.14 Bounding Box not working

GyuGya_55

Solution for the next gen who stumble upon this thread. Solution provided by Simon_kungen:

public VoxelShape getShape(BlockState state, IBlockReader reader, BlockPos position, ISelectionContext context)
    {
        return Block.makeCuboidShape(xMin, yMin, zMin, xMax, yMax, zMax); //all decimals
    }

The boundingbox of my block isn't what I set it. I'm a newby and after 2 days of trying I still couldn't find the problem. I would really appreciate if someone could halp me out a bit.

Here is the blocks class.

package com.gyugya55.mymod.blocks;

import javax.annotation.Nullable;

import net.minecraft.block.Block;
import net.minecraft.block.BlockState;
import net.minecraft.block.SoundType;
import net.minecraft.block.material.Material;
import net.minecraft.entity.LivingEntity;
import net.minecraft.item.ItemStack;
import net.minecraft.state.StateContainer;
import net.minecraft.state.properties.BlockStateProperties;
import net.minecraft.util.BlockRenderLayer;
import net.minecraft.util.Direction;
import net.minecraft.util.math.AxisAlignedBB;
import net.minecraft.util.math.BlockPos;
import net.minecraft.util.math.shapes.ISelectionContext;
import net.minecraft.util.math.shapes.VoxelShape;
import net.minecraft.world.IBlockReader;
import net.minecraft.world.World;

public class Abacus extends Block
{

public Abacus()
	{
		super(Properties.create(Material.WOOD)
						.sound(SoundType.WOOD)
						.hardnessAndResistance(0.1f,0.5f)
						.lightValue(0)
				);
		setRegistryName("abacus");
	}

@Override
	public BlockRenderLayer getRenderLayer()
	{
		return BlockRenderLayer.CUTOUT_MIPPED;
	}

@Override
    public void onBlockPlacedBy(World world, BlockPos pos, BlockState state, @Nullable LivingEntity entity, ItemStack stack) {
        if (entity != null) {
            world.setBlockState(pos, state.with(BlockStateProperties.FACING, getFacingFromEntity(pos, entity)), 2);
        }
    }

public static Direction getFacingFromEntity(BlockPos clickedBlock, LivingEntity entity) {
        return Direction.getFacingFromVector((float) (entity.posX - clickedBlock.getX()), (float) (entity.posY - clickedBlock.getY()), (float) (entity.posZ - clickedBlock.getZ()));
    }

@Override
    protected void fillStateContainer(StateContainer.Builder<Block, BlockState> builder) {
        builder.add(BlockStateProperties.FACING);
    }

@Override
    public boolean isNormalCube(BlockState state, IBlockReader reader, BlockPos position)
    {
    	return false;
    }

public VoxelShape getCollisionShape(BlockState state, IBlockReader reader, BlockPos position, ISelectionContext context) 
	{
        return Block.makeCuboidShape(
                0D, 	//x
                0D, 	//y down
                7D,		//z
                16D,	//x
                10.5D,	//y up
                9D	//z
                );
    }

public AxisAlignedBB getBoundingBox() 
	{
		return new AxisAlignedBB( 0D,  0D, 7D, 16D, 10.5D, 9D );
	}

}

So this is the current bounding box of my object.

1689730787_Kpernyfelvtel(8).thumb.png.06b5ff50e75c974283480444b79ba363.png

And this is what im trying to achive.1346043751_Kpernyfelvtel(9).thumb.png.665c6bb58e849f2af60bcec52ef595bd.png

Edited by GyuGya_55

Some images would help understand the problem.

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.

1 hour ago, GyuGya_55 said:

The boundingbox of my block isn't what I set it. I'm a newby and after 2 days of trying I still couldn't find the problem. I would really appreciate if someone could halp me out a bit.

Minecraft has three different methods for the bounding box that all call getShape. So just override getShape

VANILLA MINECRAFT CLASSES ARE THE BEST RESOURCES WHEN MODDING

I will be posting 1.15.2 modding tutorials on this channel. If you want to be notified of it do the normal YouTube stuff like subscribing, ect.

Forge and vanilla BlockState generator.

6 minutes ago, GyuGya_55 said:

ony the BoundingBox not.

getBoundingBox isn't a method in the Block class. Whenever you override a method in a super class put the @Override annotation above the method. It will tell you if you are actually overriding the method.

Also...

9 hours ago, Animefan8888 said:

Minecraft has three different methods for the bounding box that all call getShape. So just override getShape

I will be posting 1.15.2 modding tutorials on this channel. If you want to be notified of it do the normal YouTube stuff like subscribing, ect.

getBoundingBox isn't a method in the Block class. Whenever you override a method in a super class put the @Override annotation above the method. It will tell you if you are actually overriding the method.

I tried to do it like this:

public static final AxisAlignedBB AABB = new AxisAlignedBB(
				0D, 	//x
				0D, 	//y down
				7D,		//z
				16D,	//x
				10.5D,	//y up
				9D	//z
				);

@Override
	public VoxelShape getShape(BlockState state, IBlockReader reader, BlockPos position, ISelectionContext context) {
		return VoxelShapes.create(AABB);
	}

But now I don't have any hitboxes. 798883727_Kpernyfelvtel(11).thumb.png.dba22b72c62b5ca4c0e971ff08da1239.png

Edited by GyuGya_55

24 minutes ago, GyuGya_55 said:

7D

Im pretty confident its on a 0-1 decimal scale so 7 is pretty big.

7 hours ago, Animefan8888 said:

Im pretty confident its on a 0-1 decimal scale so 7 is pretty big.

When dealing with AABBs? Yes.

VoxelShape on the other hand, ranges 0-16. The VoxelShape.create method that takes in an AABB multiplies it all by 16.

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.

Not sure if you figured it out, but here is my solution: I did a more mechanical approach to this. I made four VoxelShape variables due to my block being centred to the side of a block and then I checked which direction the blockstate were and did a switch statement to return the correct orientation:

//double x1,       double y1,       double z1,        double x2,        double y2,         double z2
protected static final VoxelShape SHAPE_WEST = Block.makeCuboidShape(10.0D, 1.0D, 5.0D, 16.0D, 11.0D, 11.0D);
protected static final VoxelShape SHAPE_EAST = Block.makeCuboidShape(0.0D, 1.0D, 5.0D, 6.0D, 11.0D, 11.0D);
protected static final VoxelShape SHAPE_NORTH = Block.makeCuboidShape(5.0D, 1.0D, 10.0D, 11.0D, 11.0D, 16.0D);
protected static final VoxelShape SHAPE_SOUTH = Block.makeCuboidShape(5.0D, 1.0D, 0.0D, 11.0D, 11.0D, 6.0D);

@Override
public VoxelShape getShape(BlockState state, IBlockReader blockReader, BlockPos pos, ISelectionContext selectionContext)
{
    switch (state.get(HORIZONTAL_FACING)) {
        case WEST:
            return SHAPE_WEST;

case EAST:
            return SHAPE_EAST;

case SOUTH:
            return SHAPE_SOUTH;

default: case NORTH:
            return SHAPE_NORTH;
    }
}

Because of your block being centred in the middle you only need to make two VoxelShape variables, one is for west and east and the other for north and south.

@Override
public VoxelShape getShape(BlockState state, IBlockReader blockReader, BlockPos pos, ISelectionContext selectionContext)
{
    switch (state.get(HORIZONTAL_FACING)) {

case EAST:
        case WEST:
            return SHAPE_WEST_EAST;

case NORTH:
        case SOUTH:
            return SHAPE_SOUTH_NORTH;
    }
}