[1.12.2] Having issues with item json file

CalculusMaster

So every time I load my Minecraft client (in the dev space), I constantly get a java.io.FileNotFoundException: ctek:models/item/copper_ingot.json error and the item's texture will not load. 

Here's the full log – https://hastebin.com/acusexucoy.md

Here's the json - https://hastebin.com/apidocepez.json

The json is in src/main/resources/assets/ctek/models/item; texture is in src/main/resources/assets/textures/items.

I have also attached my ItemBase, RegistryHandler, CommonProxy, ClientProxy, and IHasModel classes in case there's an issue there.

Thanks in advance if anyone is able to help.

ItemBase.java RegistryHandler.java IHasModel.java ClientProxy.java CommonProxy.java

5 minutes ago, ZigTheHedge said:

Try to rerun setupDecompWorkspace if you're developing in IDEA with updated gradle.

IDEA did ask me to update my gradle wrapper to 4.8.1, which I did. I did rerun setupDecompWorkspace but it still didn’t fix the problem. 

Edited by CalculusMaster

Caused by: java.io.FileNotFoundException: ctek:models/item/copper_ingot.json

The game says that the file doesn't exist. Are you sure it's named exactly, are you sure your workspace has been cleaned/refreshed so that all non-code assets are being copied over correctly?

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.

I have refreshed the project multiple times as well as rebuilt it.
Here's a screenshot of my project directory, everything I think is properly named:

Screen Shot 2019-09-03 at 3.33.36 PM.png

And assets.ctek is in fact assets/ctek, I checked finder to make sure it wasn't a folder called "assets.ctek"

Edited by CalculusMaster

4 minutes ago, CalculusMaster said:

I checked finder to make sure it wasn't a folder called "assets.ctek"

Did you check "models.item"?

VANILLA MINECRAFT CLASSES ARE THE BEST RESOURCES WHEN MODDING

I will be posting 1.15.2 modding tutorials on this channel. If you want to be notified of it do the normal YouTube stuff like subscribing, ect.

Forge and vanilla BlockState generator.

That's definitely the problem with IDEA and gradle 4.8.1 because I have the very same issue every damned time I'm cloning my old project from github into new dev environment. But usually I'm able to fix it by rerunning setupDecompWorkspace and genIntelliJRuns with IDEA closed. That issue has nothing to do with file names and locations because they ARE correct. You can try to run runClient task from gradle directly to see that everything is loading properly. I'm not experienced in gradle or IDEA internals, so I cannot point to exact problematic place...

• Like 1