(solved)World.setWorldTime(#) not working... (MC 1.12.2)

pacguy

I have a custom dimension that I'm trying to create a custom day/night cycle for. My plan is to compensate for the vanilla day night cycle (I tried using the doDayNightCycle game rule, but that affected the overworld...), and then increment time about 4 times slower then normal by setting it during a WorldTickEvent.

This is what I have so far:

@SubscribeEvent
    public static void WorldTickEvent(WorldTickEvent event) {
    	if(event.world.isRemote) {
    		return; //if on client, fail
    	}

//are we in ice dimension?
    	if(event.world.provider.getDimension() == ModDimensions.TEST_DIM_ID) {
    		//if so, take manual control of this worlds time progression.

iceDimensionTimeProgression += 1; //increment external delay timer by 1

//if 4 ticks have passed...
    		//if(iceDimensionTimeProgression == 4) {
    			//reset time progression variable
    			iceDimensionTimeProgression = 0;
    			//update world time by 1 (4x slower then normal)
    			event.world.setWorldTime(event.world.getWorldTime() + 5L);
    			System.out.println("world time updated in ice dimension, time is " + event.world.getWorldTime());
    			System.out.println("World is " + event.world.getClass().getName() + ", world provider is " + event.world.provider.getClass().getName());
    		//}
    	}
    }

I apologize in advance for the dirty commented out if statement and redundant iceDimensionTimeProgression variable. They work as intended, but I have them disabled to make troubleshooting easier.

My problem is that setWorldTime never does anything. I've tried to set it to static test numbers, but they always have no effect. If the current time starts as 1842 for example, and I try calling "event.world.setWorldTime(69)", the world time will remain at 1842. The only way I'm even able to influence it at all (other then the doDayNightCycle gamerule) is via the in game command "time set #"! As far as I can tell, the in game command and the code responsible for the vanilla day night cycle use this routine as well, on both the client and server sides, so I'm not sure why it wouldn't work...

Here's a typical log output from this routine, with doDayNightCycle set to false to make debugging simpler:

[13:11:42] [Server thread/INFO] [STDOUT]: [pacca.firstmod.CommonProxy:WorldTickEvent:138]: world time updated in ice dimension, time is 1491
[13:11:42] [Server thread/INFO] [STDOUT]: [pacca.firstmod.CommonProxy:WorldTickEvent:139]: World is net.minecraft.world.WorldServerMulti, world provider is pacca.firstmod.dimension.TestWorldProvider
[13:11:42] [Server thread/INFO] [STDOUT]: [pacca.firstmod.CommonProxy:WorldTickEvent:138]: world time updated in ice dimension, time is 1491
[13:11:42] [Server thread/INFO] [STDOUT]: [pacca.firstmod.CommonProxy:WorldTickEvent:139]: World is net.minecraft.world.WorldServerMulti, world provider is pacca.firstmod.dimension.TestWorldProvider

note that getWorldTime() clearly functions as intended, but the world time is never set to getWorldTime()+5 as the routine is supposed to do. Am I missing something?

Edited by pacguy