[1.12.2]How to modify the PlayerContainer

SettingDust

@Mod.EventBusSubscriber(modid = CustomInGameGui.MOD_ID)
public class InventoryHandler {
    @SubscribeEvent
    public static void onJoin(EntityJoinWorldEvent event) throws IllegalAccessException {
        if (!(event.getEntity() instanceof EntityPlayer)) return;
        EntityPlayerSP player = Minecraft.getMinecraft().player;
        if (!event.getEntity().equals(player)) return;
        player.inventory = new CustomInventoryPlayer(player);
        player.inventoryContainer = new CustomContainerPlayer(player.inventory, player);
    }
}

It's cannot modify the server(or logical server?). How to sync?

Edited by SettingDust

44 minutes ago, SettingDust said:

@SubscribeEvent
    public static void onJoin(EntityJoinWorldEvent event) throws IllegalAccessException {
        if (!(event.getEntity() instanceof EntityPlayer)) return;
        EntityPlayerSP player = Minecraft.getMinecraft().player;
        if (!event.getEntity().equals(player)) return;
        player.inventory = new CustomInventoryPlayer(player);
        player.inventoryContainer = new CustomContainerPlayer(player.inventory, player);
    }

It's cannot modify the server(or logical server?). How to sync?

first of all why are you doing it on the client side? do it on the server side and then send a packet to the client to sync. 

Just now, diesieben07 said:

Untrue.

You are reaching across logical sides (EntityJoinWorldEvent is called on server and client, but you always access Minecraft#player, which is client side, even if you are on the server currently).

You need to check if the entity joining is any kind of player using the instanceof operator.

Also, do not completely overwrite the container, this will break existing mods. In what way do you want to modify the container?

Thanks! I'll try it. I try to add slot for it. 

20 minutes ago, diesieben07 said:

Just adding a slot is easy, simply call Container#addSlotToContainer. You will need reflection, since it's protected, but that's pretty easy.

Do not modify the inventory at all, you will break all kinds of things. To store your additional slot use a capability.

Okay, thanks you all

12 hours ago, diesieben07 said:

Just adding a slot is easy, simply call Container#addSlotToContainer. You will need reflection, since it's protected, but that's pretty easy.

Do not modify the inventory at all, you will break all kinds of things. To store your additional slot use a capability.

But when I want to modify the hotbar size, It seems I have to override it?

I try to extend. But the slot I add that id bigger than 45(The offhand) cant put item. I cant search anything about 45 in IDEA. The container & inventory are my class alright

Edited by SettingDust

34 minutes ago, diesieben07 said:

Modifying the hotbar size is pretty much impossible. The size 9 is hardcoded all over the place in Minecraft's inventory handling code (and likely in mods, too).

You can add more slots, but you can't make them part of the hotbar (i.e. accessible using scrollwheel).

Again: Do not make your own Container and InventoryPlayer classes. You need to add a slot to the existing container and store it's item somehwere else (a capability attached to the player).

Okay, thx!