• Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

• There have been no personal attacks here. The criticism is that you should not be making tutorials on Youtube if you don't know what you are doing. If you (as in @DontTalkIfDontHelp) learn best from "TechnoVision-Style" tutorials: SURE! Go ahead, use them. The criticism is that TechnoVision (not just him specifically, TurtyWurty is another, although I have not looked at his stuff much) promotes bad coding practices or even code that is flat out wrong.
    • I've read the docs and coded with reference to the existing mod code, but there are many things I don't understand. What should I put in with () of sendToClient of DepressionModPacketHandler? Also, I don't know what to do with encode, decode, and handle of PlayerMentalCapabilityMessage.   public class DepressionModPacketHandler { private static final String PROTOCOL_VERSION = "1"; //プロトコルのバージョンを宣言 public static final SimpleChannel INSTANCE = NetworkRegistry.newSimpleChannel( //INSTANCEに=の右側以下をぶち込む new ResourceLocation(DepressionMod.MOD_ID, "main"), () -> PROTOCOL_VERSION, //プロトコルのバージョンをぶち込む PROTOCOL_VERSION::equals, //クライアントのバージョンとPROTOCOL_VERSIONを比較? PROTOCOL_VERSION::equals); //サーバーのバージョンとPROTOCOL_VERSIONを比較? //パケットの登録 public static void packetRegister() { INSTANCE.registerMessage( 0, //パケットの識別子 PlayerMentalCapabilityMessage.class, //実際のパケットクラス PlayerMentalCapabilityMessage::encode, //エンコード PlayerMentalCapabilityMessage::decode, //デコード PlayerMentalCapabilityMessage::handle); //メッセージ自体の処理 } public static void sendToClient(Object message, PlayerEntity player) { INSTANCE.send(PacketDistributor.PLAYER.with(null), new PlayerMentalCapabilityMessage()); } } package depressionmod.network; import java.util.function.Supplier; import net.minecraft.network.PacketBuffer; import net.minecraftforge.fml.network.NetworkEvent; public class PlayerMentalCapabilityMessage { public static void encode(PlayerMentalCapabilityMessage message, PacketBuffer buf) { } public static PlayerMentalCapabilityMessage decode(PacketBuffer buf) { return null; } public static void handle(PlayerMentalCapabilityMessage msg, Supplier<NetworkEvent.Context> ctx) { } }  
    • Actually I've learn to make my thing now. Not the thing like change name or texture, I'm follow him to learn what is Item, Block, event and atleast how to make them first. And for my sake, copy is just what I need, because it's fast and I understand what he's trying to do. Agree that his code is not best practice.   "you learn THE ONE THING" as like above, no! I learnt a lot from just 1 video. But now i've relize that it's not best practice. So can you provide the correct way to do thing? Or a document/correct tutorial? That's the point everyone want to know. Instead of just personal attack.
    • Correct. Read the rest of the thread
    • 1.12 is no longer supported on this forum. Please update to a modern version of Minecraft to receive support.
  • Topics

• Who's Online (See full list)