Float Text above ground

gabizou

So I have a mod that is currently written for ModLoader and uses quite a bit of reflection to achieve what it does, issue is that I have taken over the mod and I need to rewrite it for ForgeAPI as there are quite a few mods that the server wishes to add to the servermodpack.

Anyways, all that aside, the Server is a Bukkit server, so no Forge interaction from the server is a requirement. Packets can be sent, I understand that, and I've already started looking at the Forge wiki on the first steps, I've arrived at one of the Don'ts in Forge:

"use World.spawnEntity when World.isRemote is true. Never."

I have the source code and one of the features is upon recieving a packet, a little floating text entity floats up as you break a block to show experience gained, currently this is achived by having TextEntity extend Entity and unfortunately, World.spawnEntityInWorld(TextEntity).

I don't know whether the Don't is outdated and should say World.spawnEntityInWorld(), but I have a feeling that this is the case and I need to figure out a way to go about this properly.

So I have a mod that is currently written for ModLoader and uses quite a bit of reflection to achieve what it does, issue is that I have taken over the mod and I need to rewrite it for ForgeAPI as there are quite a few mods that the server wishes to add to the servermodpack.

Anyways, all that aside, the Server is a Bukkit server, so no Forge interaction from the server is a requirement. Packets can be sent, I understand that, and I've already started looking at the Forge wiki on the first steps, I've arrived at one of the Don'ts in Forge:

"use World.spawnEntity when World.isRemote is true. Never."

I have the source code and one of the features is upon recieving a packet, a little floating text entity floats up as you break a block to show experience gained, currently this is achived by having TextEntity extend Entity and unfortunately, World.spawnEntityInWorld(TextEntity).

I don't know whether the Don't is outdated and should say World.spawnEntityInWorld(), but I have a feeling that this is the case and I need to figure out a way to go about this properly.