[1.14.4] Chunk Loading, Revisited

Ommina

In 1.14.4, ForgeChunkManager no longer seems to be a thing.  There's plenty of mentions of it, but they are all commented out, and net.minecraftforge.common.ForgeChunkManager just isn't there.

Is there a viable replacement for it that I simply have not found?  I believe I can do it myself via ServerWorld, but that strikes me as less than ideal.

Tks!

• 3 months later...

Well, we're here now, so we might as well stick with it.

Chunk loading is largely covered by vanilla now; you'll find a forceChunk(int chunkX, int chunkZ, boolean add) inside ServerWorld.  This, if I'm reading it correctly, appears to be saved with the Dimension data.

There is also a public void forceChunk(ChunkPos pos, boolean add) in ServerChunkProvider -- this uses a ticketing type system similar (but not identical) to what ForgeChunkManager provided.

You can also read some further discussion on mcenderdragon's (withdrawn) pull request.

Ok so, I have seen how the forceChunk method works, as you said it uses a similar ticket system and it uses TicketTypes, so you can know what forced the chunk to load. The problem may be that I used the ForgeChunkManager to make a special projectile entity load chunks, but I don't know where to start, since I should do something in the

EntityEvent.EnteringChunk

, but I don't know what to do.