Language Registry applies last use to all

miscsubbin

I have 4 blocks I'm adding and when I use "LanguageRegistry.addName" for each block, the last usage is applied to all.

LanguageRegistry.addName(block1, "Block 1");
LanguageRegistry.addName(block2, "Block 2");
LanguageRegistry.addName(block3, "Block 3");
LanguageRegistry.addName(block4, "Block 4");

Is what I have, but when you mouse over the block in game, the tooltip reads "Block 4" for all of them. I've tried rearranging them, and it's always the last one that is used for all of them. What's going on here?

I have 4 blocks I'm adding and when I use "LanguageRegistry.addName" for each block, the last usage is applied to all.

LanguageRegistry.addName(block1, "Block 1");
LanguageRegistry.addName(block2, "Block 2");
LanguageRegistry.addName(block3, "Block 3");
LanguageRegistry.addName(block4, "Block 4");

Is what I have, but when you mouse over the block in game, the tooltip reads "Block 4" for all of them. I've tried rearranging them, and it's always the last one that is used for all of them. What's going on here?

Both, but UnlocalizedName for in-code identification of a block (e.g. you set "myBlock" and it becomes "tile.myBlock") and LanguageRegistry for title shown to a player (e.g. "My Block").

mnn.getNativeLang() != English

If I helped you please click on the "thank you" button.

Both, but UnlocalizedName for in-code identification of a block (e.g. you set "myBlock" and it becomes "tile.myBlock") and LanguageRegistry for title shown to a player (e.g. "My Block").

mnn.getNativeLang() != English

If I helped you please click on the "thank you" button.

If you want to get unlocalized name without "tile." prefix use getUnlocalizedName2() instead of getUnlocalizedName(). But as mnn suggested use LangRegistry for shown name and unlocalized name as internal reference. (I use it in custom renderers so I don't have to keep reference to ID.)

Creator of easy custom renderer library without tile entity. https://github.com/skore13/renderLib

If you want to get unlocalized name without "tile." prefix use getUnlocalizedName2() instead of getUnlocalizedName(). But as mnn suggested use LangRegistry for shown name and unlocalized name as internal reference. (I use it in custom renderers so I don't have to keep reference to ID.)

Creator of easy custom renderer library without tile entity. https://github.com/skore13/renderLib