crops 1.14

39 minutes ago, DrMDGG said:

"ingredient": { "tag": "marijuanacraft:alcmix1" }

Do you know how tags differ from items?

You have specified the former and your mod contains the latter.

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

59 minutes ago, Draco18s said:

Yes, because:

And you've got ten more like it.

When data pack loading fails, it often causes all data packs to not be loaded (I had a bad advancement once that made vanilla recipes not work).

yes i see that. im not sure how to fix that though. everything is the same as it was before

Well, I already pointed out what I think is wrong with it.

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

10 hours ago, Draco18s said:

Well, I already pointed out what I think is wrong with it.

yes, thank you for that, i managed to get my smelting recipes working. 

my shaped and shapless ones still do not work.

{
    "type": "minecraft:crafting_shaped",

"pattern":
    [
        " f ",
        " w ",
        " e "
    ],    

"key":
    {
        "f": { "item": "marijuanacraft:fermp" },
        "w": { "item": "minecraft:water_bucket" },
        "e": { "item": "minecraft:bottle" }
        },

"result": { "item": "marijuanacraft:alcmix1" },
    "count": 1
}

45 minutes ago, DrMDGG said:

This is wrong. Check the documentation again.

11 minutes ago, Draco18s said:

This is wrong. Check the documentation again.

this is the from the forge documentation:

{
    "pattern":
    [
        "xxa",
        "x x",
        "xxx"
    ],
    "key":
    {
        "x":
        {
            "type": "forge:ore_dict",
            "ore": "gemDiamond"
        },
        "a":
        {
            "item": "mymod:myfirstitem",
            "data": 1
        }
    },
    "result":
    {
        "item": "mymod:myitem",
        "count": 9,
        "data": 2
    }
}

should i make them like this?

2 hours ago, DrMDGG said:

should i make them like this?

His point was that your count wasnt inside your result json object.

VANILLA MINECRAFT CLASSES ARE THE BEST RESOURCES WHEN MODDING

I will be posting 1.15.2 modding tutorials on this channel. If you want to be notified of it do the normal YouTube stuff like subscribing, ect.

Forge and vanilla BlockState generator.

1 hour ago, Animefan8888 said:

His point was that your count wasnt inside your result json object.

i got his point...my point is that I've tried the exact example from the forge documentation and still does not work.

39 minutes ago, DrMDGG said:

i got his point...my point is that I've tried the exact example from the forge documentation and still does not work.

Is there an item with the registry name "mymod:myitem" and "mymod:myfirstitem" in your mod? No? Then of course it doesnt work.

I will be posting 1.15.2 modding tutorials on this channel. If you want to be notified of it do the normal YouTube stuff like subscribing, ect.

11 minutes ago, Animefan8888 said:

Is there an item with the registry name "mymod:myitem" and "mymod:myfirstitem" in your mod? No? Then of course it doesnt work.

I obviously changed that when I input the code.

and its literally only those few recipes. all the other seem to work whether it be shaped, shapeless, or smelting

2 minutes ago, DrMDGG said:

I obviously changed that when I input the code.

Is there anything in the console about an error? And why not show us the actual version of the json.

1 minute ago, Animefan8888 said:

Is there anything in the console about an error? And why not show us the actual version of the json.

no, errors that I can see.

{

"pattern":
    [
        "f",
        "w",
        "e"
    ],    

"key":
    {
        "f": { "item": "marijuanacraft:fermp" },
        "w": { "item": "minecraft:water_bucket" },
        "e": { "item": "minecraft:bottle" }
    },

}

40 minutes ago, DrMDGG said:

So, in other words, you changed nothing and it is a surprise that it doesn't work.

5 minutes ago, Draco18s said:

So, in other words, you changed nothing and it is a surprise that it doesn't work.

no, i copied another working recipe and filled it out appropriately. it doesn't work still. all my other recipes work though. i don't get it

HMM.

3 hours ago, Animefan8888 said:

your count wasnt inside your result json object.

27 minutes ago, Draco18s said:

HMM.

{

"pattern":
    [
        " b ",
        "mwm",
        "ece"
    ],    

"key":
    {
        "b": { "item": "marijuanacraft:weed_butter" },
        "m": { "item": "minecraft:milk_bucket" },
        "w": { "item": "minecraft:wheat" },
        "e": { "item": "minecraft:egg" },
        "c": { "item": "minecraft:cocoa_beans" }
    },

"result": { "item": "marijuanacraft:pot_cookie" },
    "count": 3
}

neither is this one and it works!

1 hour ago, DrMDGG said:

neither is this one and it works!

A) I doubt that

B) define "works"

37 minutes ago, DrMDGG said:

it makes the item from a shaped recipe

Does it output the correct number?

20 hours ago, Draco18s said:

Does it output the correct number?

alright, I'm man enough to admit when I'm wrong.

I was looking at the wrong recipe that only makes one item because I'm an idiot.

but now, I have them running and out of the log. 

will these datafixers for my entities cause the same problem where my crop won't spawn properly?

there is also an error in there for "columb". I have deleted every trace that I could find of that block, but yet, it's still there.

latest log: https://pastebin.com/xnVhvP6U

3 minutes ago, DrMDGG said:

will these datafixers for my entities cause the same problem where my crop won't spawn properly?

No datafixers exist for mods.

3 minutes ago, DrMDGG said:

there is also an error in there for "columb". I have deleted every trace that I could find of that block, but yet, it's still there.

You removed it and the game is complaining that it was removed when loading a world that was created before the removal. You expected something else?

40 minutes ago, Draco18s said:

No datafixers exist for mods.

You removed it and the game is complaining that it was removed when loading a world that was created before the removal. You expected something else?

nope. jjst wasnt 100% on it.

can we get back to my crops working or....

I don't know what you're current problem with them is

26 minutes ago, Draco18s said:

I don't know what you're current problem with them is

the problem is that when the seed is planted,  it is the no texture colours and the block disappears when broken rather than breaking

what files do you need to see?