Super New Modder - Import Issue

Jaccub

I know this is probably gonna sound stupid to most people but I am just now learning minecraft modding. I've done Java development for a few years now, and I've been doing minecraft spigot/bukkit/paper/etc plugins for a while. I decided to get into modding because I got a good offer on a mod I need to make, so I am learning the process right now.

The issue I'm having is just an import issue, I am trying to use the "@Mod" annotation, but I'm getting an error for it, so I need to import net.minecraftforge.fml.common.Mod. The issue is that import isn't getting recognized. So I went into the build path (Im using eclipse btw), and couldn't figure out what I was missing, I did everything every tutorial said and still cannot figure out the issue. I'm sure this is a fairly basic problem for most of you so any answers would be much appreciated, which file am I missing, and where do I put it?

Yeah I downloaded the mdk for 1.8.9 already, I copy and pasted them into the workspace folder, I did that twice while trying to figure this out before coming to the forums, here's a screenshot of the zipped folder right after I downloaded it- am I missing anything in there?

Capture.PNG

This was BEFORE I copy and pasted to the workspace folder for eclipse btw

Edited by Jaccub

I took the files from the 1.12.2 forge mdk, and put them into a separate folder just for organization purposes, then I opened a cmd and did "cd directory" then "gradlew setupcompworkspace" then "gradlew eclipse", then I launched eclipse, and made a new project, I selected Gradle Project and changed the directory from my plugin/software development work-space to the before mentioned separate folder for organizing my projects, for that project specifically. Everything looked good with all the src files and system libraries and such. It all looks like the tutorials I followed for the setup process.

1 hour ago, Jaccub said:

I took the files from the 1.12.2 forge mdk, and put them into a separate folder just for organization purposes, then I opened a cmd and did "cd directory" then "gradlew setupcompworkspace" then "gradlew eclipse", then I launched eclipse, and made a new project, I selected Gradle Project and changed the directory from my plugin/software development work-space to the before mentioned separate folder for organizing my projects, for that project specifically. Everything looked good with all the src files and system libraries and such. It all looks like the tutorials I followed for the setup process.

Use this guy's tutorial. It's very good if you follow it in the exact order, step-by-step.

Edited by Differentiation

2 hours ago, Jaccub said:

setupcompworkspace

The command should be gradlew setupDecompWorkspace

VANILLA MINECRAFT CLASSES ARE THE BEST RESOURCES WHEN MODDING

I will be posting 1.15.2 modding tutorials on this channel. If you want to be notified of it do the normal YouTube stuff like subscribing, ect.

Forge and vanilla BlockState generator.