[1.14.4] What is Stats?

Simon_kungen

Hi

Going to be a bit vague what I'm trying to do to make this post more general, so we'll see how good an idea that is.

I would like when a player does something (equips an item, picks up an item, struck by lightning, etc) a tag or something would switch to True allowing for special conditions in the event handler.

I can probably make a convoluted solution with Capabilities, but I'm sure there is a better solution, that's when I noticed Stats. I first thought of just trying to create one and see what it does, but as I'm having a little problem with that I thought it would be better to make sure I know what it is. So the idea was when I do a thing with my player, the stat gets added to me, and when doing something else it removes it again.

Stats is more "how far have you run?" "how many dirt blocks have you harvested?" and so forth.

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.

7 hours ago, Draco18s said:

Stats is more "how far have you run?" "how many dirt blocks have you harvested?" and so forth.

Ah, ok. Do you have any ideas what could be used otherwise? I'm looking into tags now:

if (event.getEntity().getTags().contains(Reference.MODID+":feature"))
  // Stuff ..

entityLivingBase.addTag(Reference.MODID+":feature");

entityLivingBase.removeTag(Reference.MODID+":feature");

This appears to not be working in case you're wondering. I did try and just print out to the console all the tags, but it didn't print out anything. Either there are no tags normally on the player and .addTag() does not fire on the server which I thought it would or I do not add it correctly. Note that I do not need to add any data to the tag itself and just need to check if the player has it or not.

That is also not how tags are meant to be used.

Tags are tags that say something about the object, such as "planks" (oak, birch, pine...) or "rails" (powered, straight, curve...) and so on. For entities its probably for things like spider (spider, cave spider), undead (zombie, skeleton...), etc.

Capabilities is what you want.

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.