[1.12.2][Solved] Minecraft Modding Resource File Not Found

rustylocks79@gmail.com

I am working on a Minecraft mod and I have run into a problem. I am trying to create a simple item with a model and texture file to ensure everything is working properly. I placed the files at the following paths.

..\SpellBinder\src\main\resources\assets\spellbinder\models\item\ingot_brass.json ..\SpellBinder\src\main\resources\assets\spellbinder\textures\items\ingot_brass.png

An exception is thrown stating the files can't be found.

[14:02:45] [main/ERROR] [FML]: Exception loading model for variant spellbinder:ingot_brass#inventory for item "spellbinder:ingot_brass", normal location exception: net.minecraftforge.client.model.ModelLoaderRegistry$LoaderException: Exception loading model spellbinder:item/ingot_brass with loader VanillaLoader.INSTANCE, skipping

Caused by: java.io.FileNotFoundException: spellbinder:models/item/ingot_brass.json

It appears as though Forge is not recognizing the resource folder. What am I missing?

All code can be found at: https://github.com/rustylocks79/SpellBinder.git

Edited by [email protected]
solved.

14 minutes ago, [email protected] said:

spellbinder:models/item/ingot_brass.json

Does not equal

assets\spellbinder\textures\items\ingot_brass

VANILLA MINECRAFT CLASSES ARE THE BEST RESOURCES WHEN MODDING

I will be posting 1.15.2 modding tutorials on this channel. If you want to be notified of it do the normal YouTube stuff like subscribing, ect.

Forge and vanilla BlockState generator.

This is the location of the model files.  

..\SpellBinder\src\main\resources\assets\spellbinder\models\item\ingot_brass.json

which as far as I am aware equals

spellbinder:models/item/ingot_brass.json

You are looking at the texture file. 

After looking at examples on Github. I believe that folders in the 'models' folder are singular and folders in the 'textures' folder are plural. 

Please correct me if I am wrong. 

Please correct me if I am wrong. 

Depends on what version you are modding for.

15 minutes ago, [email protected] said:

You are looking at the texture file

God I'm blind... Does the file appear in eclipse's package explorer? If not refresh your project in eclipse. If it is there is your resources folder considered a source folder by eclipse?

I will be posting 1.15.2 modding tutorials on this channel. If you want to be notified of it do the normal YouTube stuff like subscribing, ect.

On 11/1/2019 at 3:35 PM, Animefan8888 said:

God I'm blind... Does the file appear in eclipse's package explorer? If not refresh your project in eclipse. If it is there is your resources folder considered a source folder by eclipse?

I am using Intellij Idea for Minecraft 1.12.2 (I will update that later). The file does appear in Intellij's package explorer and the resource folder is marked as a resource folder.

4 minutes ago, [email protected] said:

I am using Intellij Idea for Minecraft 1.12.2 (I will update that later). The file does appear in Intellij's package explorer and the resource folder is marked as a resource folder.

There is this thing going on with intellij and gradle/forge. But here is a link to a comment made by diesieben.

• Thanks 1