1.14.4 Using custom world type on server

matezz

Hello

I've been trying to use my custom world type on server. This is it:

public static WorldType WNWorldType = new WNWorldType("something");;

And after running my mod on a server and typing level-type=something in server.properties, and reloading server, it resets to default.

Also I've been thinking about the solution and found this:

@SubscribeEvent
public void dedicatedServerStarting(FMLDedicatedServerSetupEvent event)
{
    ServerProperties serverProperties = event.getServerSupplier().get().getServerProperties();

if (ConfigApplier.runWorldOnServer.get())
    {
        LOGGER.info(String.format("Using WildNature Server World Generator %s", serverProperties.worldType.getName()));
        serverProperties.serverProperties.setProperty("level-type", "wildnature");//serverProperties is private
        serverProperties.worldType = WNWorldType;//worldType is final
    }
    else
    {
        LOGGER.info("Using normal world generator");
    }
}

This could work, but the code is invalid(see //)

Thanks

• 2 months later...

You can generate a single player world to your needs with mods etc(your server needs those mods aswell, and the players to. Don't know how, just search mc modded server)

When the world is created replace the default one in the server list with the one from the single player world and it should work.

• 2 weeks later...

One solution I've found is to use the "generator-settings" in server.properties, as they're get loaded properly, even if they don't strictly match valid settings in the vanilla game.
Here's an example:

server.properties:

allow-flight = false
generator-settings = {"mod-id": true}
white-list = false

mod.java:

@SubscribeEvent
public void dedicatedServerStarting(FMLDedicatedServerSetupEvent event)
{
    ServerProperties serverProperties = event.getServerSupplier().get().getServerProperties();
    boolean loadMod = false;

// get the generator-settings and parse them as json
    JsonElement json = new Gson().fromJson(serverProperties.generatorSettings, JsonElement.class);
    // check for the existance of the "mod-id" entry in the json object. if it's present, we can load the mod.
    if (json.isJsonObject())
        loadMod = JSONUtils.getBoolean(json.getAsJsonObject(), "mod-id", false);

if (loadMod)
    {
      	// do mod loading stuff
    }
    else
    {
        LOGGER.info("Using normal world generator");
    }
}

While not as elegant as having the ability to type a custom level-type, this works and is, in my mind, less hacky than many other options I tried.

One thing to note is that the Client is never sent generator-settings. Thus, if the Client needs to know whether or not the mod was loaded, you'll have to find another way to inform it.

Edited by acid1103