How to create NBT Structure Files without LIMITS

EnderBoy898

Alright guys, I have a problem. My friends and I are using MCreator to make some simple structures that spawn into the game but we are limited to structures the size of 32x32x32 since structure blocks can't save more than that

I don't want a bunch of people saying "Don't Use MCreator" because I am simply going to ignore you and keep using it because I am so bad with coding and I have tried for years to understand what I'm doing!

Anyway, structure blocks are out of the picture unless someone can help me override their limits
MCEdit doesn't work it just crashes when I try to load the world

I am running a Spigot Server with WorldEdit in order for me and my friends to make structures, I then import the NBT files we make using structure blocks into the mod. is there a way to modify how the server handles structure blocks and get rid of the limit?
I just need all the different ways of doing this without multiple structure blocks because remember this is going to be a mod that spawns structures and that wouldn't work right

I am running version 1.14.4

2019-11-30_09.10.02.png

Edited by EnderBoy898
Added the Minecraft version I'm using

Do you know how MCreator Works? I have tried already with smaller structures and it works PERFECTLY! 

MCreator takes the NBT File I make USING structure blocks and imports it into a randomly generating Structure in the Mod I'm making. MCreator is how I make the mod it makes it easy because everything has a GUI and the coding is in blocks instead of my typing it since I am very bad.

The thing I am trying to do is SAVE NBT FILES CONTAINING MY STRUCTURES with MORE THAN 32x32x32 BLOCKS INSIDE!

My friend wanted to build a castle that generates and we can't make any structure bigger than 32x32x32. I don't care about placing the structure I only need help with SAVING A STRUCTURE BIGGER THAN 32x32x32 and it NEEDS TO BE IN NBT FORMAT!

I use MCreator to make mods, I already said that. It basically simplifies everything into a GUI and I can easily create mods without much coding. My only problem is when I run into a bug I can't really fix it myself. I have a basic understanding of how coding works. If you don't know what MCreator is then look it up.

I'm not trying to make mods that go beyond that really. Me and my friends want very simple mods that stick with vanilla format. That is why we are adding structures to the game. Very simple and doesn't require much coding. All I need is an ability to save NBT Structure files larger than 32x32x32

I am not trying to add a way to do this INTO the Mod I just need a way to save more than 32x32x32 so I can USE IT in the Mod

If you are good at coding why don't you make something that solves this issue? I have seen many people with the same problem all over and they always get the same responses and never really get actual help. Think of it this way...I have 5 friends helping me make structures right now...you want me to tell all of them to stop what they are doing so I can take months to learn how to code to create a mod that all of them have to then install in order to save structures to make another mod? That is a waste of everyone's time because in the end i won't be able to even do that.

The only reason I don't like your answer is because it is literally no help to my problem. I miss the old days of these types of forums where people actually helped rather than criticize them for how they do things and just basically tell them "yep, sucks for you! you're on your own kid." 

I'm not sure how you expect people to help you when you just go "I don't like your answer, NEXT!".

Using MCreator is not something to be proud of, you do realize that you do not have ownership of ANYTHING you make with it, right?

Nobody here knows how to do things with MCreator because it substantially limits what you can do and has a horrid EULA.

This is my Forum Signature, I am currently attempting to transform it into a small guide for fixing easier issues using spoiler blocks to keep things tidy.

As the most common issue I feel I should put this outside the main bulk:

The only official source for Forge is https://files.minecraftforge.net, and the only site I trust for getting mods is CurseForge.

If you use any site other than these, please take a look at the StopModReposts project and install their browser extension, I would also advise running a virus scan.

For players asking for assistance with Forge please expand the spoiler below and read the appropriate section(s) in its/their entirety.

Spoiler

Logs (Most issues require logs to diagnose):

Spoiler

Please post logs using one of the following sites (Thank you Lumber Wizard for the list):

https://gist.github.com/100MB Requires member (Free)

https://pastebin.com/: 512KB as guest, 10MB as Pro ($$$)

https://hastebin.com/: 400KB

Do NOT use sites like Mediafire, Dropbox, OneDrive, Google Drive, or a site that has a countdown before offering downloads.

What to provide:

...for Crashes and Runtime issues:

Minecraft 1.14.4 and newer:

Post debug.log

Older versions:

Please update...

...for Installer Issues:

Post your installer log, found in the same place you ran the installer

This log will be called either installer.log or named the same as the installer but with .log on the end

Note for Windows users:

Windows hides file extensions by default so the installer may appear without the .jar extension then when the .log is added the log will appear with the .jar extension

Where to get it:

Mojang Launcher: When using the Mojang launcher debug.log is found in .minecraft\logs.

Curse/Overwolf: If you are using the Curse Launcher, their configurations break Forge's log settings, fortunately there is an easier workaround than I originally thought, this works even with Curse's installation of the Minecraft launcher as long as it is not launched THROUGH Twitch:

Spoiler
  1. Make sure you have the correct version of Forge installed (some packs are heavily dependent on one specific build of Forge)
  2. Make a launcher profile targeting this version of Forge.
  3. Set the launcher profile's GameDir property to the pack's instance folder (not the instances folder, the folder that has the pack's name on it).
  4. Now launch the pack through that profile and follow the "Mojang Launcher" instructions above.

Video:

Spoiler

or alternately, 

Fallback ("No logs are generated"):

If you don't see logs generated in the usual place, provide the launcher_log.txt from .minecraft

Server Not Starting:

Spoiler

If your server does not start or a command window appears and immediately goes away, run the jar manually and provide the output.

Reporting Illegal/Inappropriate Adfocus Ads:

Spoiler

Get a screenshot of the URL bar or copy/paste the whole URL into a thread on the General Discussion board with a description of the Ad.

Lex will need the Ad ID contained in that URL to report it to Adfocus' support team.

Posting your mod as a GitHub Repo:

Spoiler

When you have an issue with your mod the most helpful thing you can do when asking for help is to provide your code to those helping you. The most convenient way to do this is via GitHub or another source control hub.

When setting up a GitHub Repo it might seem easy to just upload everything, however this method has the potential for mistakes that could lead to trouble later on, it is recommended to use a Git client or to get comfortable with the Git command line. The following instructions will use the Git Command Line and as such they assume you already have it installed and that you have created a repository.

1. Open a command prompt (CMD, Powershell, Terminal, etc).
  2. Navigate to the folder you extracted Forge’s MDK to (the one that had all the licenses in).
  3. Run the following commands:
    1. git init
    2. git remote add origin [Your Repository's URL]
      • In the case of GitHub it should look like: https://GitHub.com/[Your Username]/[Repo Name].git
    3. git fetch
    4. git checkout --track origin/master
    5. git stage *
    6. git commit -m "[Your commit message]"
    7. git push
  4. Navigate to GitHub and you should now see most of the files.
    • note that it is intentional that some are not synced with GitHub and this is done with the (hidden) .gitignore file that Forge’s MDK has provided (hence the strictness on which folder git init is run from)
  5. Now you can share your GitHub link with those who you are asking for help.

[Workaround line, please ignore]

You guys aren't even reading what I'm saying...I'm starting to get really pissed. I need help with something that has NOTHING TO DO WITH MCREATOR 

I WANT TO KNOW HOW TO EXPORT LARGE NBT STRUCTURES IN VANILLA MINECRAFT. 

IT DOESN'T MATTER WHERE I F****** USE THEM I JUST WANT TO BE ABLE TO DO THAT ONE SIMPLE THING AND YOU GUYS KEEP BRINGING ME DOWN ABOUT MCREATOR FFS LISTEN TO THE THING I NEED HELP WITH NOT THE SIDE INFORMATION. 

You all suck

What’s funny is you’re raging at us about not reading when you didn’t seem to read this little detail:

10 hours ago, diesieben07 said:

The structure block can't do that. You would need to code your own thing.

This is my Forum Signature, I am currently attempting to transform it into a small guide for fixing easier issues using spoiler blocks to keep things tidy.

The only official source for Forge is https://files.minecraftforge.net, and the only site I trust for getting mods is CurseForge.

If you use any site other than these, please take a look at the StopModReposts project and install their browser extension, I would also advise running a virus scan.

For players asking for assistance with Forge please expand the spoiler below and read the appropriate section(s) in its/their entirety.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Please post logs using one of the following sites (Thank you Lumber Wizard for the list):

Do NOT use sites like Mediafire, Dropbox, OneDrive, Google Drive, or a site that has a countdown before offering downloads.

What to provide:

Post debug.log

Older versions:

Please update...

...for Installer Issues:

This log will be called either installer.log or named the same as the installer but with .log on the end

Note for Windows users:

Windows hides file extensions by default so the installer may appear without the .jar extension then when the .log is added the log will appear with the .jar extension

Where to get it:

Mojang Launcher: When using the Mojang launcher debug.log is found in .minecraft\logs.

Curse/Overwolf: If you are using the Curse Launcher, their configurations break Forge's log settings, fortunately there is an easier workaround than I originally thought, this works even with Curse's installation of the Minecraft launcher as long as it is not launched THROUGH Twitch:

Spoiler
  1. Make sure you have the correct version of Forge installed (some packs are heavily dependent on one specific build of Forge)
  3. Set the launcher profile's GameDir property to the pack's instance folder (not the instances folder, the folder that has the pack's name on it).
  4. Now launch the pack through that profile and follow the "Mojang Launcher" instructions above.

Video:

Spoiler

or alternately, 

If you don't see logs generated in the usual place, provide the launcher_log.txt from .minecraft

Server Not Starting:

Spoiler

If your server does not start or a command window appears and immediately goes away, run the jar manually and provide the output.

Spoiler

Get a screenshot of the URL bar or copy/paste the whole URL into a thread on the General Discussion board with a description of the Ad.

Lex will need the Ad ID contained in that URL to report it to Adfocus' support team.

Spoiler

When you have an issue with your mod the most helpful thing you can do when asking for help is to provide your code to those helping you. The most convenient way to do this is via GitHub or another source control hub.

When setting up a GitHub Repo it might seem easy to just upload everything, however this method has the potential for mistakes that could lead to trouble later on, it is recommended to use a Git client or to get comfortable with the Git command line. The following instructions will use the Git Command Line and as such they assume you already have it installed and that you have created a repository.

2. Navigate to the folder you extracted Forge’s MDK to (the one that had all the licenses in).
    1. git init
      • In the case of GitHub it should look like: https://GitHub.com/[Your Username]/[Repo Name].git
    3. git fetch
    5. git stage *
    7. git push
    • note that it is intentional that some are not synced with GitHub and this is done with the (hidden) .gitignore file that Forge’s MDK has provided (hence the strictness on which folder git init is run from)

The jigsaw system negates the need for bigger structures in a single file

Spoiler

Spoiler

What to provide:

Post debug.log

Older versions:

Please update...

...for Installer Issues:

Note for Windows users:

Where to get it:

Spoiler

Video:

Spoiler

or alternately, 

Server Not Starting:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

1. git init
    3. git fetch
    5. git stage *
    7. git push

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

So in all the time that structure blocks have been in the game nobody has made any kind if modification to them or created a program that allows you to save structures as nbt files? That can't be true

To me, your only real hope is to save it as a schematic using worldedit and find a schematic to nbt converter. There is a PHP script if you want (https://github.com/svilex/Minecraft-StructureConverter). I found it online but it may not be what you are looking for. If that doesn't work, then just google "schematic to nbt converter" and you are bound to find at least something to help you.

• 4 months later...

Hey, if you're still listening to this forum, MC now supports 48x48x48 exporting via Structure Blocks (bc of the Bastion)

I am a new modder, and will make frequent mistakes. Please do not hesitate to point any out, or suggest a better method.

DO NOT HATE ON THE NOOB!!!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

STOP MOD REPOSTS

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Guest locked this topic